Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air intake

NA-NICO

Hello, due to a little accident my Toyota's airbox is a little broken, and i'd like to buy a new aftermarket one, any suggestion? On my old Toyota Celica i was mounting a BMC cone filter with lambda plug, but i do not find it for my IQ.

Any suggestion? because i do not like very much the normal panel filters, and because i need in any case to replace my broken airbox.

Thank you very much.

Nicolò

I think it would be a backwards step to fit an induction kit to be honest. 

The little engine of the IQ needs a minimal amount of air, so it would really only benefit from being left alone in my opinion. 

ok, unfortunately i have to replace in any case the airbox 'cause it's broken...so if nobody has a different solution i'm going to buy an original one...

Where are you based, outside the UK? 

There are a few kits on eBay under "iQ air intake" Depnds if you have the 1.0 or the 1.3 engine as well. 

I think there is a sensor on the airbox, not sure what it does but you may get an error unless that is included in the intake pipe again. Looking at the kits on eBay though I reckon you could make your own with standard silicone tubing elbows and some metal tube as joiners. Plonk a K&N type filter on the end and see if it works. Try to keep the intake in the cold airflow if you can.

Craig.

I'm Italian based in France, i was mounting one of theese on my Celica and at lower rpm i noticed a high loss of power, in the other hand at high rpm it seemed to gain some ''hp''.

I'm a little afraid about high loss on a small engine... 1.3 cc

Also i need that the new filter has lambda mount.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, rhodie said:

Thanks for your answer, but i do not understand the words ''sits over''...

Do you suggest that i buy it?

Thanks!