Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Virgin Toyota Owner!

mathepac

Hi all, I'm based in Ireland and will take delivery of my 1st Toyota on Thursday.

I'm retired and broke so I'm buying a 2007 Avensis T4 2.0 D-4D hatch with 155k miles on it. My previous car, a 2004 Skoda Fabia vRS, expired a week ago so I'm in a loaner at the moment. The Car was imported from the UK by the seller and was traded back to him against a newer car

The seller is doing the following:

• New brake discs and pads all round
  • Oil service, including dropping the sump
  • Coolant change
  • Two rear shocks
  • Valet inside & out.

The car has never had a hitch fitted, has a decent but not complete service history, is tested to 03/18 and has a bit of tax left.

All in he's getting €2,000 which I think is a decent deal and he'll sell off the Fabia for me, breaking if necessary, splitting the proceeds 75/25 to me.

What to look out for in my "new" Toyota?

Looks like a great site.

While I was reading your post, I didn't saw any point of buying a car, specially this one we are talking about here. But when I saw you are getting it for €2,000 only, now I think it's a very good deal you got there. Congratulations on your first Toyota journey. And welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Hello Patrick - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, an update is due.

Correction  ---> 151,770 "delivery" miles 

They did the following:

• New brake discs and pads all round
  • New Wiper Blades all round
  • New O/S brake calliper
  • New handbrake cable
  • Oil service, including dropping the sump
  • Coolant change
  • Two rear shocks
  • Two rear shock mounts
  • Two lower track control arms
  • New front wishbone
  • Valet inside & out.
  • Pollen Filter

I had to valet the car myself, no big deal, the interior was pretty clean apart from the driver's mat which I dumped. A decent hoovering, a decent clean of the windows and interior trim and she was good to go.  I found:

1. front cigarette lighter doesn't work (fuse 40 behind the glove-box?) but the phones charges fine from the one to the rear of the front arm-rest
  2. the ugly silvery gear-knob is losing its silver (€4.50 incl VAT from the main stealers)
  3. The DVD for the TNS310 nav system is missing
  4. I can't buy the logoed driver's mat on its own and I ain't paying for a full set of mats - the others are in remarkably good condition.

I had to pay to get the tracking and alignment (€40) done after  all  the bits and bobs were changed - no problems it was well worth it and bought a pair of front wind deflectors and a full rubberised boot floor cover (I have a big doggy)  2nd hand for €20 (last of the big spenders me!) Total expenditure to date €60 plus €10 for a litre of dipetene plus €75 for diesel plus €200 for a quarter's motor tax whenever the registration document surfaces.

I'm getting around 54/55 mpg at around 70 mph (ha ha!) in cruise-control mode on motorways. I'm a happy camper so far.

If any members know where to get items 2 to 4 on the numbered list above free or cheap I'm your pal for life.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links