Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How can I remove all Ads?

Lee Collings

Hi guys,

I used to be a lifelong member (I guess I still am then) of TalkFord.com, by which all ads on the site were removed, providing a much nicer browsing experience.

I'm looking at buying a membership for this site, but I saw it says 'less and fewer ads'. Does it not remove them completely? I would only really be interested in this.

I'm a web developer myself so if I can help contribute to the site at all, I'd be happy to (I did this for TF).

As far as I'm aware subscribing doesn't remove all advertising. One could enquire of the site owner whether removal of all ads is something that would be considered - pm http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/profile/18-steve/

4 hours ago, leecollings said:

Hi guys,

I used to be a lifelong member (I guess I still am then) of TalkFord.com, by which all ads on the site were removed, providing a much nicer browsing experience.

I'm looking at buying a membership for this site, but I saw it says 'less and fewer ads'. Does it not remove them completely? I would only really be interested in this.

I'm a web developer myself so if I can help contribute to the site at all, I'd be happy to (I did this for TF).

Seriously? Just run an adblocker or a browser like Opera.

Yes seriously, I would strongly recommend AGAINST using Adblocker. They're awful tools, ruin a site's SEO and just are nasty.

And i'm certainly not going to use a completely different web browser just for viewing one site.

If there's any possibility of having a much nicer browsing experience from the site itself, natively, then that's the best thing to do. Of course the best thing would be to not display ads at all.

2 hours ago, leecollings said:

Yes seriously, I would strongly recommend AGAINST using Adblocker. They're awful tools, ruin a site's SEO and just are nasty.

And i'm certainly not going to use a completely different web browser just for viewing one site.

If there's any possibility of having a much nicer browsing experience from the site itself, natively, then that's the best thing to do. Of course the best thing would be to not display ads at all.

Not entirely sure how you came to the conclusion a user's AdBlocker affects the sites SEO. But that's irrelevant here.

I run AdBlockers but not on this website, as I'm not in a position to contribute financially to the site but I visit it daily. So in my mind I don't mind the adverts here as I know they're contributing to the running of the site.

And I would think because there will be a lot like me using the site (not being able to stump up some monies for membership) that advertising is really the best thing the owners can do. Nothing runs for free, not really. Plus you have external visitors to the site looking for help who may never join, use the sites resources, and if they're exposed to the adverts thats a good thing for financial reasons too.

Hi, there is an adblocker in the longish round ended boxes close to the top of this page. Ages ago I used it but I am assuming it is still the same all the ads just turned into grey squares which were worse to look at than the ad's so I switched it back. Mike.