Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prado 95 series can't disengage 4wd

gregsen

Dear everyone,

I have got a prado 95 series which runs really well so far. But I have problems to disengage the 4wd mode (HL).

The actual gear lever is not stuck, I can shift easily between 2H, HL and LL.

As I put it back in 2H recently, the gear lever keeps coming back into HL whenever I take my foot of the gas pedal. I can hold the gear lever with my hand in the 2H position, but it is still in HL. I could feel it when I took a turn on a pitchmen road. Also the dashboard light doesnt disappear anymore. Although I can change between HL and LL, just the 2H mode makes trouble.

Obviously i will bring it to a mechanic, but a rough idea what could possibly be wrong would help a lot.
Thanks in Advance
Greg

little update:

at least i could put the car permanently into 2H again. i reversed left and right alternately. then the dashboard light disappeared and i could turn easily on pitchmen.
all good then, or do I have to worry it will get worse? i do not understand why i was able to shift the lever into 2H but the car didnt go into 2H.
thanks for any ideas.
Greg

I don't think it's a major problem it would be very hard to solve. I think if you can just disassemble the gear box and reassemble it, then your problem would be solved.