Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map Update 6.10.0H now available

thecaretaker

1 hour ago, aCactus said:

... I then set up a journey to my cousin that means I have to cross the Mersey and the upgraded software ignored the new bridge and set a route over the old one which is now closed. I will be trying this route as soon as I get my sticker for the toll that is now being charged for what used to be a free crossing.

Could it be that the unit in the car has the option set to avoid tolls?

2 hours ago, PeteB said:

Could it be that the unit in the car has the option set to avoid tolls?

The old bridge is closed now for repairs so that route is impossible, when it opens again it will be tolled, the only route to avoid tolls means going much further up river to Warrington

On 01/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, Silver Dream Machine said:

Ive updated mine and Im impressed - new Queensferry Crossing is included already! No issues so far between Falkirk/Glasgow/Stirling/Fife 

I updated last week and did my first journey yesterday - Edinburgh to East Kilbride. Very disappointed that the M8 extension and A725 underpass at the Raith Interchange (M74) are still not updated; they were opened in April/May 2017. I was close to the Quensferry Crossing on the trip home, so I had a quick look at the map on the touch and go screen. Still seems to be showing A90 on the bridge (which would be the old Forth Road Bridge) rather than M90 (the new bridge).

I'll continue updating as long as it's free, but I'm definitely not paying for any updates.

The data that Here supplies is typically 1 year old by the time that it goes via them & Toyota to a release.

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

The data that Here supplies is typically 1 year old by the time that it goes via them & Toyota to a release.

I wonder if any prospective purchaser of satnav as a chargeable option has ever been told that by the salesperson! I have it because it was included in the Excel specs.

The 1 year delay was the reason I was surprised when Silver Dream Machine reported that the Queensferry Crossing (opened 30 August 2017) was included in the latest update.

54 minutes ago, albany said:

I wonder if any prospective purchaser of satnav as a chargeable option has ever been told that by the salesperson! I have it because it was included in the Excel specs.

The 1 year delay was the reason I was surprised when Silver Dream Machine reported that the Queensferry Crossing (opened 30 August 2017) was included in the latest update.

Mersey Gateway opened 14th October and it is on the map, just got my sticker for the toll today so will be driving across it soon using route from Toyota journey planner as sat nav wants me to use the old bridge which is closed.

21 hours ago, aCactus said:

Mersey Gateway opened 14th October and it is on the map, just got my sticker for the toll today so will be driving across it soon using route from Toyota journey planner as sat nav wants me to use the old bridge which is closed.

I think some of us have been talking at cross purposes here. I've been referring to the maps in the car's satnav and others have been talking about Google Maps (Journey Planner). I'm not sure how journey planner will guide you to the Mersey Gateway if it's not on the car's map. Perhaps you can let us know after you've tried it. I've sent my journey from Edinburgh to East Kilbride from journey planner to the car - will the satnav prompt me to leave the M8 and drive into a field in North Lanarkshire (where the new bit of the M8 is situated)? I'll find out on Tuesday! If it's somehow possible for jouney planner to update the maps in the car, that would be brilliant and would do away with the need for updates.

To clarify my previous posts, all of the new roads I mentioned earlier are shown on Google Maps, as is the Queensferry Crossing (not surprising, as the updates were made within days of the various openings).

On 20/10/2017 at 1:29 PM, ian rooke said:

Hi Downloaded and installed no obvoius changes, hope they fixed the sound level problems will have to wait and see. Why can't they supply a fix log so you know what changes have been made .

Takes a little while for Toyota to translate the update bulletin into the various EU languages after the software is finalised but here is the latest:

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1, 6.8.2, 6.9.0 and solved in 6.10.0 L/H.

 No audible warning beep anymore when approaching a speed camera

 The country information screen pops up even when driving in the country without passing a border.

 Czech language voice guidance improvements.

 Reset during updating the map database.

 After inputting a destination (> 150 Km), the system freezes (only in 6.9.0).

 At low speeds (front camera is on) and while using hands free, the display blacks out.

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 4.5.0, 6.6.0, 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1 and solved in 6.9.0H.

 In release 4.5.0, after pressing F, France is not listed in the country list and when pressing the map button, the system resets.

 Letters specific to the Polish alphabet are not or improper displayed when listening to DAB radio stations.

 Letters specific to the Icelandic alphabet can't be selected.

 Copy / update algorithm is improved to improve update stability.

 In release 6.7.0 the DAB radio text is briefly displayed, then disappears.

 In release 6.7.0 the DAB radio text of another station is displayed.

 In release 6.7.0 the screen blacks out after ignition on after previously a USB stick was inserted. This phenomenon is present on vehicles with F-ten display audio only (Hilux, C-HR, Yaris).

 In release 6.7.0 continuous beeps can be heard when approaching a speed camera.

 The last played music track is not retained when playing music using an I-pod.

Phenomena reported since software release version 6.6.0H, 6.7.0H, 6.8.0H, 6.8.1H and solved in 6.8.2H.

 Playback of music on USB media stops a few minutes after ignition on.

 Track up / down function is not working during music playback from a USB medium.

 Mirai only: Image of the rear view camera is displayed when shift lever is in drive ("D"). Note:

 The listed phenomena are only occurring on the high version of the navigation software.

 For "low" version, 6.8.1L remains the latest released software version.

Phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0 and solved in 6.8.0

 New set of voice guidance instruction in the following languages: German and French

 Long city names can't be inputted because the text field to input city names is too small for the captioned city.

 In Finnish, Greek, Russian and Ukrainian it's impossible to add a phone n° to the favourites list.

 On Camry, Hilux, Yaris & CH-R the display may blackout with a USB media device inserted.

 Correction of postal code errors in the UK.

 Wrong road name (previous road name) displayed after an intersection.

 No USB media device is inserted in the USB slot but the media screen displays that the USB media is loading.

 Improved copy error algorithm to ensure data integrity during update to 6.8.0  Correction of spelling mistakes against the Danish language.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.5.0 and solved in 6.7.0, Note versions 6.#.# are of the new Software Interface

 In-operate data connection for weather, fuel and parking app in 6.6.0 only.

 Wrong ZIP codes (Hungary) in the map database  Arrival time is one hour ahead of the expected time after switching to summer time (Russia only)

 Wrong colour for highway boards (Swiss)

 In the map setting menu "block road ahead" the menu field are partially translated in Czech.

 In UK, the search function for postal codes doesn't allow to input the full postal code for some postal codes.

 The audio source is changed from FM / AM to USB after ignition off / on cycle.

 The license key is requested to update a "High" version when the vehicle is still covered under the free map guarantee.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.4.1 and solved in 4.5.0

 After switching to wintertime the arrival time is one hour ahead of the expected arrival time.

 Wrong pronunciation in Czech, Slovak, Hungarian and Romanian of the voice guidance command: "Please proceed to the highlighted route"

 The audio is playing (normal condition) but on the screen it is mentioned: "Audio off"

 Sending BT audio streaming commands to an I-phone via the steering wheel commands is not functional.

 Improved installation stability via official USB media to avoid map update failures.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.3.0 / 4.3.1 and solved in 4.4.1

 In Danish the warning message for internet roaming is displaying a mix up of Danish and English words.

 Language specific characters for Danish language included.

 In Portuguese 800 meter is pronounced as 200 meters.

 Improvement of street name pronunciation in Switzerland.

 Impossible to register extension box on customer portal because of wrongly device ID.

 Display blacks out after ending phone call while shifting out of reverse.

 Bass – Treble – Mid amplifier settings reset to zero after ignition OFF / ON cycle.

 Visual reset of BT audio volume to zero after ignition OFF / ON cycle.

Phenomena reported since software release version 4.2.1 and solved in 4.3.0

Some customers may experience and report that after upgrading Touch2 with go software from version 3.3.0 to Touch2 with go version 4.2.1, the mobile phone can not longer be controlled from the touch screen in the vehicle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, albany said:

I think some of us have been talking at cross purposes here. I've been referring to the maps in the car's satnav and others have been talking about Google Maps (Journey Planner). I'm not sure how journey planner will guide you to the Mersey Gateway if it's not on the car's map. Perhaps you can let us know after you've tried it. I've sent my journey from Edinburgh to East Kilbride from journey planner to the car - will the satnav prompt me to leave the M8 and drive into a field in North Lanarkshire (where the new bit of the M8 is situated)? I'll find out on Tuesday! If it's somehow possible for jouney planner to update the maps in the car, that would be brilliant and would do away with the need for updates.

To clarify my previous posts, all of the new roads I mentioned earlier are shown on Google Maps, as is the Queensferry Crossing (not surprising, as the updates were made within days of the various openings).

The updated sat nav does show the new bridge but when I tried to use it to find a route it used the old bridge which is closed. Inputting same start and end points into journey planner that did correctly use the new bridge even though that is a longer route. I don't think Journey planner will update the sat nav maps, the small mydest.poi file it produced was 532 bytes so I assume it only transfers locations rather than the route. As my destination is already in my sat nav I am not going to use the poi file and hope that the sat nav will re-calculate route when I drive over new bridge as I need some help with the new road layout in Runcorn

Just tried postcode search for my house and the system is still missing at least 8 houses at my end of the road and a couple at the other end based on the house numbers that it would accept, these houses have been here for at least 65 years so have always had the same postcode so still errors in the data!

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Takes Toyota a little while for Toyota to translate the update bulletin into the various EU languages after the software is finalised but here is the latest:

Additional phenomena reported since software release version 6.7.0, 6.8.0, 6.8.1, 6.8.2, 6.9.0 and solved in 6.10.0 L/H.

Don't know if you've had any other reports yet Lee but it looks as if a bug has been introduced into the system software that came with the latest version (6.10.0WL on mine). It's to do with any connected phone via bluetooth.

What happens is that once the head unit has finished initialising and has fully connected the phone, whatever audio you last had on starts playing and then suddenly it gets muted for no apparent reason. There is no indication on the screen at all. It was only by accident that, after checking that the phone wasn't active, I switched to the phone screen on the head unit only to find that it (the head unit) was trying to make a call to itself! i.e. the number of the connected phone!! This failed after about 40-50 secs and unmuted the audio back to normal. During this time the phone itself never actually receives any form of dial-out command at all. It then keeps happening at random intervals after that. It's very annoying, to say the least!

The funny thing is that the phone works quite correctly when you purposefully make a call from the directory... How does a person go about reporting a bug like this to Toyota GB? This has only started to happen after installing the latest update (which installed correctly and with no issues reported).

49 minutes ago, CPN said:

Don't know if you've had any other reports yet Lee but it looks as if a bug has been introduced into the system software that came with the latest version (6.10.0WL on mine). It's to do with any connected phone via Bluetooth.

What happens is that once the head unit has finished initialising and has fully connected the phone, whatever audio you last had on starts playing and then suddenly it gets muted for no apparent reason. There is no indication on the screen at all. It was only by accident that, after checking that the phone wasn't active, I switched to the phone screen on the head unit only to find that it (the head unit) was trying to make a call to itself! i.e. the number of the connected phone!! This failed after about 40-50 secs and unmuted the audio back to normal. During this time the phone itself never actually receives any form of dial-out command at all. It then keeps happening at random intervals after that. It's very annoying, to say the least!

The funny thing is that the phone works quite correctly when you purposefully make a call from the directory... How does a person go about reporting a bug like this to Toyota GB? This has only started to happen after installing the latest update (which installed correctly and with no issues reported).

Seen this quite a lot recently in both Toyota touch and older bluetooth compatible nav as well as Lexus ( not touch ) and VW but only on Iphone where it appears to dial itself upon pairing so not sure as to the cause, try deleting the pairing from the car and phone and then re-creating this has fixed the issues I've seen.

2 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Seen this quite a lot recently in both Toyota touch and older bluetooth compatible nav as well as Lexus ( not touch ) and VW but only on Iphone where it appears to dial itself upon pairing so not sure as to the cause, try deleting the pairing from the car and phone and then re-creating this has fixed the issues I've seen.

I should have mentioned in my previous post that I have already tried deleting the pairing and then re-creating the pairing but it didn't fix it. Also, this is using an Android phone so I don't think this problem is exclusive to iPhones... This is definitely a bug that has been introduced in this latest version of the software. It NEVER showed this behaviour with the previous software versions. (at least not with my phones)

Oh dear!

I was starting to think maybe I'd take the plunge (for the first time in about 2½ years), but I'm not even on the fence at the moment!

I stopped doing updates for the last year or so of my Gen 3 Prius ownership, and haven't touched the software in my Gen 4 Prius.  The USB music, BT phone (Samsung/Android) and other infotainment features work well enough so I'll continue to leave well alone.

Hi, I would like to know whether I can change the average speed used for the calculation. I saw that this option is available for Prius+, but till now I was unable to find it for my Auris  (HSD 2016) :(

On 11/11/2017 at 8:56 AM, aCactus said:

The updated sat nav does show the new bridge but when I tried to use it to find a route it used the old bridge which is closed. Inputting same start and end points into journey planner that did correctly use the new bridge even though that is a longer route. I don't think Journey planner will update the sat nav maps, the small mydest.poi file it produced was 532 bytes so I assume it only transfers locations rather than the route. As my destination is already in my sat nav I am not going to use the poi file and hope that the sat nav will re-calculate route when I drive over new bridge as I need some help with the new road layout in Runcorn

I'm sorry for my mistake - I didn't refer back to your previous post. Apologies, too, to Silver Dream Machine - the Queensferry Crossing bridge is shown on the satnav in the car. But it's shown as about 10% of the width of the old Forth Road Bridge, so can only be seen on a much magnified screen.

Evening, Anyone had an issue where they extract the zip file to the USB plug it into the car switch on and nothing happens - car sees the USB but no update automatically starts bit frustrating to be honest!

Thanks

Andy

It does sometimes take a while to react, I got worried with this last one when I plugged it in it took about 20 seconds before it recognised the update then when it did start updating it showed a blank screen for about 30 seconds, I though I'd bricked the nav.

23 hours ago, kithmo said:

It does sometimes take a while to react, I got worried with this last one when I plugged it in it took about 20 seconds before it recognised the update then when it did start updating it showed a blank screen for about 30 seconds, I though I'd bricked the nav.

Same for me, looked like nothing was happening then update was recognised but another pause before the update started.

For that matter, I've found it can take a few minutes for the system to recognise new Playlists when I put the USB stick back in the car after updating my music.

When I first started using Playlists (created on the PC) I thought there was a problem with them and recompiled them because I hadn't waited long enough.

Finally tried to use updated maps....

Route tried to take me over old (closed) bridge but quickly re-calculated once I was on road that only went to new bridge. Unfortunately for the part of the journey where I wanted help to get off the new road onto correct local road as the sat nav seemed a bit slow so I missed the slip road as it said bear left in quarter mile when I should have taken the slip instead of the one I could see a little further down the road. Other sat navs must have the same problem as I was between two large lorries when using a roundabout to do a U turn

Frame 2017.11.20 10-23-52 (0-20-11.594).jpg

Frame 2017.11.20 12-35-36 (0-10-39.000).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks All - still not happening for me so will get the garage to do it at the next service in a month or so!

You are very wise Andy; leave it to the dealer. My dealer recommended that I should leave all future updates to them following major problems for me and the dealer on my previous Gen 3 Prius.  That fiasco necessitated a new Sat/Nav.

• 2 months later...

Just got my 2010 Gen3 Prius and the sat nav has never been updated - its still as was in 2010. How do I upgrade and at what cost and from where.  Here is photo of my unit.

Any help appreciated

P1010764.JPG

The 2010 is dealer only upgrades and at around £200 (IIRC) a pop, for an update that is out of date when you get it by 12-24 months, you're better off buying a separate SatNav with free lifetime updates.