Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Aerial

oldcodger

Hi,

Have 2006 Corolla Hatch with the FM aerial on the rear of the roof.

If  I fit a fm/DAB+  head unit, say Pioneer, what is the best type of DAB aerial to use . ( for use mainly in urban areas)

Seems a lot of glass stick on types around  but would probably prefer something a bit more discreet and permament ..?

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have seen FM/AM car antennas that stick to the inside of your window on eBay, not sure if this will work with the DAB unit, though.

• 10 months later...

You can buy a again stick on DAB powered ariel from Halfords for £20-25 that works exceptionally well in my Avensis. I've put it right at the top of the windscreen under the visor so I rarely notice it, if other people do.. who cares lol.

I live up north in Scotland where TV, mobile and radio signals can be sketchy at times yet it works perfectly except.......

...... when I plug in my phone charger to the cigarette lighter. The guy I bought the car from had some cheap **** bluetooth hands free gizmo made by 'Parrot' or called parrot and stuck it right above the air vents centre dash.

It worked but looked like it cost £2.50 from Poundland so I junked it. I don't want to receive calls in my car anyway but when I went to dismantle it I saw the child like butchers job he'd made of wiring it into the stereo and cigarette lighter.... worse than the twist together and masking tape jobs I did on speaker wire when I was 17.

I’ve nevwr yet reliably traced what the idiot did or messed up in his hatchet electric job but clearly it's upsetting the DAB ariel and phone charger. Only when the phones drawing current though [emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Old post but to show an example of a setup I had working very well:

Corolla T-Sport 2002

---------------------------------------

Kenwood KMM-BT502DAB

eBay budget FM/DAB+ Splitter

eBay shark fin antenna

----------------------------------------

This setup worked well, all I had was some breakup on low coastal roads. Where I live I'm at sea level almost and have lots of hills. I actually tried to improve things by ditching the shark in place for an original but longer 55cm antenna and now the reception is really poor. Basically if you get a setup that works well just stick with it!