Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall letter

aCactus

Just had recall letter about possible thin metal used for fuel tank cracking and leaking, Seems we have to wait until parts available before dealer will check which seems a bit odd. I wonder if this is linked to the problems with material supplied by Kobe Steel thats been in the news recently.

The fuel tank is plastic and the issue is with a potentially poor moulding possibly causing a thin spot in a specific area on the tank, an initial inspection is required which take minutes, if faulty then a new tank will be needed 

Just read letter again, it does say material rather than metal.

Had my fuel tank replaced and had the safety measure fitted as well and I think it looks awful and I would never touch the electronic break at all, it was fitted at the same time I wish I knew and could have said no :(

rxQg32g.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just had this done and it does make me wonder what has happen to cause Toyota to make this change.

1 hour ago, aCactus said:

Just had this done and it does make me wonder what has happen to cause Toyota to make this change.

The trim around the parking brake switch has been added as people have been putting coins in the void around the switch and the coins have slid under the switch when its pulled jamming the switch

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a smart power card from Toyota as a thank you for taking car to dealer for fuel tank recall

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links