Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2012 On Headlight Issue

crofts2007

My car is just about to go out of its 5 year warranty period, I have it booked in for a few things at the main dealer later this week.

I raised the issue of discolouration/heat damage on the headlight specifically in the chamber containing the daytime running lamp.

Mine is the non-LED one, with the dual wattage lamp. It has covered around 80,000 miles.

Has anyone successfully had theirs changed under warranty?

• 5 weeks later...

Quick update, the headlights have been changed under warranty.

Advise other owners to check theirs for the same issue before the five year UK warranty expires. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Ian, I have exactly the same problem like yours and same as you I raised the issue to my main Toyota dealer here in Macedonia and they just note in their service statement that the headlights are for changing BUT they are not under warranty :) My 3+2 year extended warranty expires in June 2018 :)

To be honest I am not sure where can I complain about this? Is there any Toyota main office or center for whole Europe where I can send an email or something? 

There are some issues that gives me a headache and based on my Toyota dealers everything is NORMAL

1. When I drive on a rainy day my spare-wheel booth department gets full with water  (if it's parked it doesn't) 

2. I have vibrations in idle (1500rpm), they say it's normal because of the dual mass flywheel

Any suggestions? Thanks

• 1 month later...

I found taking off cleaning and re seating the boot seal solved my water ingress issue to the spare wheel well.

On 19/02/2018 at 5:05 PM, Makinen said:

To be honest I am not sure where can I complain about this? Is there any Toyota main office or center for whole Europe where I can send an email or something?

In the first instance you need to contact the Toyota importer for Macedonia - which is different to your dealership.

If you have an extended warranty on your car, it probably doesn't cover bodywork, only mechanical - but you need to check the specific terms and conditions of the warranty you have.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links