Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Car Reliability Survey 2017 - Aygo 100% score

FROSTYBALLS

Just seen this on the Internet Aygo Best City Car. Well done Toyota 

Interesting. Toyota has undoubtedly taken into account every single thing that was reproached to the first generation of Aygo.

Yet:
- The car is still recent. While looking at the ads for second-hand Aygo mk2, most are used as a second car or as city cars and hence have a low mileage, which makes it hard to draw conclusions about the true reliability of the model. What truly matters is if the car can make it beyond 40 000 mi on its original clutch, for instance, which was not certain on first generations.
- Being conceived as a simple and rather poorly equipped car (this is not derogatory), it is not surprising that the car is less likely to have faults concerning electric or electronic devices.
- Asking my dealer, some complaints were reported about earliest Aygo 2: a faulty sensor and a faulty trunk keyhole for instance.

It remains a fantastic car which I love, of course :)

I’m running a Mk2 Aygo since July 2015. I have briefly ran a 2013 Mk1 Aygo and whilst neither have gone wrong, it is clear that the quality of the second generation car is far superior. 

I am 77k up as of today and on the original clutch despite quite heavy use - extensively in the Alps, a fair bit of town driving and occasionally towing our broken old Fiat 500, albeit not very far. 

It has had a radiator fan under warranty recently, due to a balancing issue causing a noise, a boot latch and a shock absorber quite early on but that’s as far as mechanical gremlins go.  

The biggest annoyance has been rattles really with a new one appearing pretty much every week but blue tack has solves the majority aside from the ill fitted spare wheel by my dealership, the air intake pipe which needed a new bush as it rattled against the camcover and the canvas roof. 

The canvas roof has “crossbars” made of metal going into plastic “shoes” at either end and the metal became loose fitting over time and rattled like an allotment shed with the slightest hint of a crosswind. The dealership weren’t really interested in putting this right but hot glue in the gap has solved it satisfactorily for me and it has been silent ever since  

Other than those niggles it’s had one set of rear tyres and a few sets of fronts with the last set lasting about 35k before they were down to 3mm. 

Mine is the highest mileage second generation Aygo my dealership look after but I have seen a few examples sell with miles higher than mine and some of those ads mentioned a replacement clutch. 

On 03/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, kamilb1998 said:

I’m running a Mk2 Aygo since July 2015.

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It is very interesting to have the opinion of people with a high mileage.

I also came across a few ads mentioning a new clutch. I really fear the mk2 has the same weekness as the mk1 and needs clutch replacement very early.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links