Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris hybrid Icon Tech

Jannyjam

I am due to pick up my new Yaris Hybrid next week.  What do you like about it and what annoys you?

On 28/10/2017 at 10:33 AM, Jannyjam said:
I am due to pick up my new Yaris Hybrid next week.  What do you like about it and what annoys you?

The only thing I am not keen on is the gear stick.
I like the silent drive in EV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this exact model (face-lift).

Things  I like: the centre colour screen is really useful showing speed (couldn't live without this now) , mpg since fill up etc. Also love how quiet it is around town and stress free in traffic. Love the reversing camera and have grown to use the front sensors a lot and like the easy switch to deactivated these for a minute. 

Don't. Like: sound when accelerating hard or at high speed (doesn't bother me but the drone raises eye brows from passengers), the sat nav is rubbish so always use Google maps on my phone still, also cabin is a bit plasticy compares to rivals. Finally the driving position as I am over 6 foot I couldn't get entirely comfortable as the steering wheel wouldn't come out close enough to me for how far back I sit. 

Overall I do like the car and over the 6k miles I've done since July I have average a real 55mpg based off all the fill ups. 

Headlights are not bright enough on the 2012 version. The turning circle is not good enough for a city car. Otherwise it is the best city car you can get - it also is the fastest in the traffic light grand prix.

I have the pre face lift Yaris Icon Plus and hate the following:

1. Dire bus like turning circle. It really is best to reverse into a bay for parking as going in forwards is never easy or predictable if cars are at either side. I believe the face lift versions fixed this though.

2. The god awful seat is too long in the leg for me (5ft) and so I have to have a lumbar support cushion and a bit of foam to push it out even further. And yes I did test drive it, but obviously not for long enough.

3. Winding down the front windows does not clean the rain/condensation from them and so this can be dangerous at times as you can't see.

Would I buy another Yaris? Yes, if they change the seats to ones like in the Auris/CHR or even the Aygo as they are comfy.

Likes: Everything, but then I'm not as critical about things like engine or road noise. I'd rather have a slightly noisy car that is great to drive, than a quiet one that is a load of rubbish.

Solidly built.

Neutral: The steering could do with being a bit lighter at low speed (I have days where it is incredibly light, but others where in the same situation it feels slightly heavier, and I have no idea why - it's more an annoyance that it differs randomly).

Dislikes: Seat position. I'm a long legged 6 ft 2 in., and I just can't get the seat position as I want it. That said, I'm quite happy to drive for 5 hours straight, and when I get the other end, I don't want to get out, so I guess that speaks for itself!

Why don't the wing mirrors drop down slightly when reversing?

Occassional rattles from the dash. Rattles drive me crazy, but I can live with it as the rest of it is so good. It's generally quiet.

Wing mirrors - they look a reasonable size but I'm prone to not seeing things (my head is on a swivel). I want truck-sized mirrors I think. They lack curvature which I think makes the difference, especially the passenger side mirror.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links