Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 running rough

hibbsy1989

Hi all, 

Been lurking for a while and I've just signed up. 

I have an issue with my T180. I had the head gasket replace about a week ago and now the car will vibrate violently between 1500-3000rpm and smoke quite a lot. The shaking and juddering seems to get worse after its up to temp.

Before the head gasket was replaced it ran smoothly and pulled hard. Even when it had the head gasket issues it would still work fine (other than spraying its coolant out of the overflow and getting hot)

Anyway, I had the car plugged in to check that the injectors were coded into the correct cylinders. They appear to be in the correct place. However, can anyone confirm for certain the order of the cylinders. Standing in front of the engine #1 left to right or #1 right to left. Another post on here suggested that it was right to left. The injectors are currently coded left to right. 

On to live results, checked the injector values and got a picture of the results. Injector 3 is reading 5mm3/stroke at idle with the car up to temp. The rest are 'low'? Picture attached. 

I am assuming I need injector 3 replaced. But need some more advice and a bit more of an explanation of the values recorded. I've managed to get a copy of Techstream and I've got a cable in the post, my Vag one didn't want to know.

I posted this on the Facebook avensis group and it was just a waste of time tbh. 

Thanks

Rich

20171027_151751.jpg

Number one is the one closest to the timing chain, the values to spec is +/- 3mm3 so number 3 is out of spec

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links