Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 1.3 VVTi Yaris Cranks But No Start

magnum555

Hi Folks,

I've got a 2005 Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVTi T Spirit and initially the problem that i was encountering was that it would start and then cut off, whilst diagnosing that i now have a slighlty differnet problem.

The security light now does not flash if the car is locked or when the key is not in the ignition, the only time the security light flashes is when the key is in final position ready to crank. All other dash lights are lit but the eml light is also not appearing. The car cranks but no start.

I've checked all of the fuses and everything appears fine, i've disconnected the Battery overnight but still same problem. Tried with all of the keys and still the same issue.

Any ideas what could be the issue? Thanks in advance.

No ideas really but security light should stop flashing when ignition is turned on. So maybe it´s related to the immobilizer coding. Have you tried with the other key?  

"'I've got a 2005 Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVTi T Spirit and initially the problem that i was encountering was that it would start and then cut off,"

Usually the sign of a failing crankshaft sensor (attached to the engine bottom beside the pulley which drives the belts) or a failing fuel pump or a blcoked fuel filter (in the tank, a PIA of a job and unlikely)

1 hour ago, Bempa said:

No ideas really but security light should stop flashing when ignition is turned on. So maybe it´s related to the immobilizer coding. Have you tried with the other key?  

Tried all the keys, same problem.  It's strange the security light only flashes when the key is in the ignition with all dash lights lit up (except the engine managment light).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links