Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have anyone tuned a 2,2 D4D engine?

Bempa

Is there anyone that have tuned a 2,2 D4D 2AD engine beyond a retuned ECU? And fitted bigger turbo and injectors and etc.? 

Just curious to see how far people have taken the 2AD engine

The big problem is the Nippon Denso ECU it hates change and throws a wobbly as soon as it thinks things are not right, unless someone has cracked it?.

There are tuners that can remove egr and dpf function and also remap the tune in the ECU so something must be cracked in the ECU, but i don´t know how far you can take it

Then thing have moved on. I bought one in 2011 and non of the UK tuners were prepared to try, I used one of Parts King's add on units which was good.

We do a tuning kit for your model which gives very good results. It depends how far you want to go and more importantly, how much money you want to spend. I would suggest there is a limit on an older car as to how much people are prepared to spend :thumbsup:

What does your tuning kit include? But mostly i was just curious to see how far the 2ad have been taken. I have never seen anybody actually done any hardware tuning to it, like upgrading injectors and turbo and so on

1 hour ago, Bempa said:

What does your tuning kit include? But mostly i was just curious to see how far the 2ad have been taken. I have never seen anybody actually done any hardware tuning to it, like upgrading injectors and turbo and so on

It includes a tuning box with wiring loom, it connects to the fuel rail pressure sensor, boost pressure sensor AND RPM sensor

To be honest, I have never seen anybody put a larger turbo on either

To add bigger turbo you need to add bigger intercooler,hoses lots of other things for it to cope with the bigger pressure.have a look on YouTube regarding a guy who had trouble doing his BMW 

Lol I couldn't agree more lol.

People that start tuning their cars hopefully understand that it does stresses the other components in the car aswell

But still no one that have actually seen any "hardware" modifications to a 2AD-FHV engine?  Just curious to see if anyone have done it

On 10/31/2017 at 4:23 PM, craggle said:

My opinion of BMW drivers has not improved with that video......

Not all BMW drivers, but those like the one in the video. I am not impressed by the video anyway. :thumbdown:

7 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Not all BMW drivers, but those like the one in the video. I am not impressed by the video anyway. :thumbdown:

Sorry konrad lol..was just showing the problems the guy had remapping his car 

Yes, the big problem is the ECU, is not so smart or tunable like an Bosch ECU but you can achieve arround 220hp if u install an hybrid IHI or 177hp IHI turbo and injectors from 177HP (non-piezo injectors), a downpipe and fmic, but this can be possible using an manual gearbox. if u have automatic gearbox, you will stop ~ 200-205hp and will need to limit torque because personally i don`t know the Torque Limit of this gearbox.

Manual gearbox would be fine even with 500nm i think.

Toyota always seems to be limited by their ECU, so if i understand right, there is a 177hp engine with non-piezo injectors? My 177hp engine use piezo injectors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, Bempa said:

Toyota always seems to be limited by their ECU, so if i understand right, there is a 177hp engine with non-piezo injectors? My 177hp engine use piezo injectors.

Yes, i have found some injector codes in Poland that are normal plug , not piezo, from Toyota Rav4 especially same ModelYear.

• Like 1