Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to demist the windscreen quickly

FROSTYBALLS

Interesting stuff about the shaving foam. I know ChrisFix did a video comparing 6 items to stop window misting (shaving foam being one of them).

Also I put the sun visors down when the blower is on full whack. It pushes air back on to the windscreen. Probably isn't a huge advantage but I do it anyway.

Oooh, does that mean my face has a protective mist-resistant coating too?! :D

• 1 month later...

A good tip is to switch on the Air Recycle feature.

This way the system is recycling air it has already heated rather than grabbing fresh air from outside the car.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paleAle said:

A good tip is to switch on the Air Recycle feature.

This way the system is recycling air it has already heated rather than grabbing fresh air from outside the car.

But if that air is damp it'll steam up even quicker.  Having recirc on with air con would work, but bear in mind air con doesn't work if it's under a certain temp (IIRC 3-5 degrees).

If the recycling is switched on, it wont be intaking outside air.  It will just recycle the air already inside the car.

I must admit I find it demists much faster if I used fresh rather than recirc air!

Just running in recirc mode causes the cabin to mist up much faster than outside air, esp. when it's really cold outside. That kinda makes sense - Cold air holds far less moisture than warm cabin air!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, paleAle said:

If the recycling is switched on, it wont be intaking outside air.  It will just recycle the air already inside the car.

If you leave recycling on when you turn the car off it can be the cause of moisture! The pressure difference inside and outside creates condensation inside the windows and can be a nightmare to wipe dry

Edited by Raistlin
No advertising

• 2 months later...

Keep the inside of the car dry by opening the windows when it is dry outside especially after a wet day. 

The worst car for misting must be the Toyota Auris first generation. Glad I got shot of mine.

I had two of the first generation Auris, and had no problems with condensation - no worse than any other car we've had.

• 2 months later...

The air-con in conjunction with the heater. Hot air will dry the glass a little through evaporation, but the air will then cool down and condense on the glass once more

6 hours ago, virtualking said:

The air-con in conjunction with the heater. Hot air will dry the glass a little through evaporation, but the air will then cool down and condense on the glass once more

The air conditioning will dehumidify the air in addition to the hot air drying the glass. 

We've been using air con in conjunction with the heater to demist in our cars since 1998 - and it is a proven and faster way to demist.

I am still amazed at the number of people who say "I hardly ever use the A/C, we only use it in the summer" People just don't think about using warm air with A/C

• Like 1

We just leave ours on.

• Like 1

YOu should turn on the Air Recycle feature and your problem will be solved easily

• 5 months later...
On 11/2/2017 at 6:38 PM, Cyker said:

Oooh, does that mean my face has a protective mist-resistant coating too?! 😄

Yes it does but you still have to scrape the ice off the back of your head. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links