Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fan diverter & screen demisting

matt68

Hi folks,

Having a problem with my 2013 Auris - the screen has been a pain to demist since we bought it, but I have not really investigated so far. This morning though, I hit the front and rear defrost buttons, let it do it's thing (AC on and fan accelerates to max) then put my hand over the screen outlets. Almost nothing coming out. Closed the cabin vents (which were chucking out plenty), still no difference at the screen vents.

So I'm guessing there is some kind of actuator / deflector that directs the air to screen / cabin / feet, and that mine is probably not working very well?!

Any advice? Google can't find much, but I might be using the wrong magic words. Is this accessible behind the glovebox somehow?

Thanks in advance

Matt

That would be my guess also. Try switching modes, and see if it works properly. If others work fine, might be that some only parts of some plastic teeth are broken off.

Try removing the glove box, you should be able to see it from there. 

This should be helpfull, even though it's a 2009 Avensis, you can see the parts location etc.

The problem were worn out contacts, so they were cleaned,  dont you have this covered by waranty?

Problem the guy had was bad contacts, so he cleaned it up. Grease should be reapplied, as it minimizes wear, also the position of the teeth should be marked before disassembly. Part number should be 87106N

https://www.drive2.ru/l/1938899/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links