Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Broken cam shaft

demek

Surely u cud  put an  engine into ur jeep for less than that sort of money. U own it from new. Be a lot of sentimental value in it. Shop around for  better quote. I think. And that's s lovely we jeep. 

@Ant-Rav I looked into recon engines, anywhere from £400..800. Plus labour and other parts could be talking £1500..2000.

Hi Derek. That car is too nice to scrap and I doubt if you will find something better for the repair price. I don't like the sound of the garage you use by what you have said, personally I would get it repaired elsewhere, swallow the £2-3K to get it repaired and put the cambelt down to experience. Mike.

@Mike169 Wish I could but other bills to pay. It was another garage and a third independent mechanic yesterday & today so I'm out of options for now.

That is a pity. Very nice looking car. I'd still hold onto it. Wud hate to let it go. Tho that prob don't make any sense. 

Derek,

Sorry to hear the bad news.  That's the curse with cambelts.  Maybe worth hanging on to the vehicle for a bit, in case you happen across a known good spare engine?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links