Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head gasket 2.2

Jeff fae Scotland

Was reading on here that the avensis 2.2 diesel can blow a head gasket and wondering if Toyota has cured this problem.Ive not long bought an Avensis with the 2.2diesel engine in it on a ten plate.Does anybody know if this problem has been cured or how many miles does it usually go at...thanks for replies.:smile:

Hi John,

For the Avensis this should pretty much (there is always a remote chance of any engine having a head gasket problem) have been resolved for production by February 2009.

We believe that it only happened in under (probably way under) 5% of AD series engines anyway.

See 

Thanks for that guys.Being a disabled driver i rely on my car to get me about as well as carrying things like my scooter.

I like the  car but,feel it could do with an arm rest some times.,,,thanx again.

what trim do you have? I think that most had an arm rest (my 2012 did as does my 2017).

Its a T4 think its the top of the range but not sure..

T4 would have been 1 down from top (TSpirit) afaik. Would have expected an arm rest on the centre console.

Both my 2009 pre-facelift TR and 2012 post-facelift TR had a centre armrest.

On 11/11/2017 at 3:37 PM, Heidfirst said:

T4 would have been 1 down from top (TSpirit) afaik. Would have expected an arm rest on the centre console.

Yes it has a centre arm rest but feel it could be doing with one fitted to the seat..