Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 auris reverse light wiring

DAF XF

I took the plunge and bought a reversing camera and it says to connect red to red and black to black however the wiring is yellow, red, black and white, green, blue as below

059247DB-EB44-4F0E-85AE-60A2ED03C7E1.thumb.jpeg.c76481b6054d528c882b9ddeedfb9793.jpeg

Which connects into

437366E9-75B3-4353-9D80-9FFA0F2F50DA.thumb.jpeg.b4bc0ea1538c98dbba2cd47acf5d3fd0.jpeg

And from the front

31DB34FD-C32D-4CC4-AC9E-4FEB5BD2CD5F.thumb.jpeg.0ef9f7f4ea505491a566991cd1f2c8f6.jpeg

I had hoped each bulb had its own wiring but unfortunately not. So would l be right to assume red to red and black from camera to the white and black?

If you were still in doubt, you could get the plug, put the car in reverse with the bulb turn the on (only the reverse light on, and the bulb above off) and poke it with a voltmeter to read 12V, also, if you reverse the voltmeters leads to the negative cable on the bulb you should get -12V. That way you would know for sure which wires would connect to the reverse light. Hope it helped.

Thanks useful to know! I ended up buying the auto vox m1 reversing camera and am impressed at its simplicity and quality for £39! In hindsight I should have bought the m1w for the wireless. Not that the wires were the issue but the wireless camera has leds to light up the area. So far I've found it not too bad but the auris reversing bulb isn't the brightest so I might upgrade to a Cree in the future. Highly recommend it though! 

Talking about reversing cameras, can you tell me if that one has 1080p resolution? Or enough quality of the image to see details like a license plate? This is completely off-topic, but if it small enough and has enough image quality, it would be just want I need for a project I have in mind.

Dont think its quite that sharp to be 1080p. In day time you could read a number plate easily enough. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUTO-VOX-Rearview-Waterproof-Assistance-Installation/dp/B071D9TWSG

go for the wireless one though as the leds would probably make it clearer at night

The thing is (and without getting to much off-topic) it would be used for a 24/7 recording Dashcam, so the LED's would make it pointless and obvious, and I want something small so it isn't obvious. Also, reading license plates at night, even if too much close would be necessary, mostly just necessary in cause of accident. I have post on this subject but no response yet.

Well, enough off-topic I guess, message me if you are still interested in the project.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links