Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Types

Jeff fae Scotland

All my cars for the past 30 odd years have been diesels.This is because ive had a caravan on the back of them and needed the torque.

Now this may sound daft to a lot of folk but,ive found using a certain named fuel does make a difference in power and mpg.

They say all fuels come out the same tank.Now this maybe true but,its what the companies put into their fuels that make a difference.

Super market fuels dont seem to have a lot of additives in them, anyway my personal point of view is steer clear of them as they might be cheaper

but they dirty up your engine.Ive been trying a few named fuels in my car just now and this is what ive found.

Shell and BP, gives me the power but burns to fast, not a lot MPG.

Esso and Gulf,I get the MPG and performance so i think i will stay with one or the other.

Ive never ever used Jet as a mate used to run his car on this and said it was a dirty fuel.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in MPG or performance when using any of the above fuels ? and what car did you used it :cool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links