Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back lights wiring

Massy

Hi

I have an auris 2008 plate but my reverse light was not working so I tried a new bulb still not work. Open the socket and wire came away from the block. I have tried to search online but no luck. Could someone send me where the wires should go in what order? I have just put them in not correct order See photo of what i mean 

thanks 

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3059.JPG

use a multimeter on continuity go to the centre of the bulb holder for the reverse light

and touch the centre contact with one of the leads from the meter then using the other

lead touch the other contacts on the back of the light until you get a reading on the meter

you will then know you have found the other end  where the wire has to go.

Thats great but if someone can take a photo of the wiring be gud coz dont have a meter.

we dont have an auris of your model so i cant help you anymore

i'm sure it wont be long until you have the picture you want.

I can snap a 2007 model tomorrow, if no one else replies by then. Should be the same.

You can check out 

U had any chance to take photo of the wirings it is the passenger side i need please

Hi Daf xf 

The wiring dont slot in. So how did you manage to slot them in as i try it just doesnt and the wires come back out. 

Also which is the fuse for back lights as on the cover i dont see it

thanks

Sorry I thought you were just wanting to see what order the coloured wires went back in. Mine didn’t come out so I didn’t have to slot them back in. Maybe someone else can help you better. 

Also if someone can tell me where i can buy a replacement of the below connector

thanks 

IMG_3071.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG

go to a scrap yard and cut off a good length of wire with the plug

then solder and shrink tube the joins

On 11/18/2017 at 5:33 PM, Massy said:

Hi

I have an auris 2008 plate but my reverse light was not working so I tried a new bulb still not work...

It must be a faulty reverse lamp switch. The switch is located at the upper side of gear box, under the air filter (you have to remove it first). Take its connector out, put a bridge between its pins (red and green wires) and check whether bulb lights up or not, then replace the switch. Of course, first solve the problem with back lamp connector.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links