Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 auto folding mirrors

andy_evans44

Just got the module for my 2018 RAV4. Cannot wait to get it installed. Thanks very much to everyone for the instructions for my MKIV version.

• 4 weeks later...

Module is now installed, but even with button out and all autolock options disabled, when I get out of the car, sometimes it works fine when I lock the car, other times, with the car still unlocked after me getting out of it, I have to press the unlock button before I press the lock button to get the mirrors to fold. 

Ok after spending a few hours on this today and gave up trying to trace the cables from the door actuator, I had one last go and got it working by using the wiring legend supplied on the previous page.

heres some info for 2014/15 RAV4’s any question please gimme a shout. In the end it was really easy and a 15 min job had I had the information so hopefully this will help others.

59186294-1CB7-4A87-86E3-14937480F72E.thumb.jpeg.bc37da66c593296193f4895d553998e4.jpeg
CCF36ECB-6CC3-44DB-98A6-15DD8CC18B89.thumb.jpeg.cac19175ce57d351f561158f94630550.jpeg
0741435C-F783-4F1F-A084-6A286FDADF66.thumb.jpeg.13756af19353cd74f0490edf72a8b35e.jpeg
1CF6652C-4152-4DA0-80B4-AC97B18F3882.thumb.jpeg.51609626794c436e55b8d24bbaaaeac8.jpeg
DE45BBD9-EFDC-438C-BB7F-572DD6D3851F.thumb.jpeg.72b45a13408cbf1ba37934506e85de28.jpeg
4B37F571-C5BD-4FCD-8B8B-7D5973525F36.thumb.jpeg.410d3f1c94194eeb1162d3894a58c2b9.jpeg
image.thumb.jpg.3f63cc8854a3a60b0d20c3df0ca1da70.jpg
Thank you Leckytech, I followed your instructions and installed the module in less than 15min in my 2017 Rav4 Hybrid.

Everything works as expected, mirrors fold/unfold both when pressing buttons on the remote or using keyless entry.

The mirror control/adjustment in the cabin still work the same as before installing the module.

Here is the link to the module from Ali
€ 17,84 | For Rav4 2014-2018 Car Safe Folding Mirror Kit DC12V Voltage Folding/Opening Car Side Mirrors Intelligently Hot Selling
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr6E6nJ
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, raf82 said:

Thank you Leckytech, I followed your instructions and installed the module in less than 15min in my 2017 Rav4 Hybrid.

Everything works as expected, mirrors fold/unfold both when pressing buttons on the remote or using keyless entry.

The mirror control/adjustment in the cabin still work the same as before installing the module.

Here is the link to the module from Ali
€ 17,84 | For Rav4 2014-2018 Car Safe Folding Mirror Kit DC12V Voltage Folding/Opening Car Side Mirrors Intelligently Hot Selling
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mr6E6nJ

You’re most welcome, glad it helped

Paul

• 5 months later...

Just ordered the kit to do this on my 4th gen with manual electric fold mirrors, part of me feels Toyota missed a trick here, with VAG based cars it’s just a case of enabling it in VCDS, but for £15 delivered I don’t mind - it’s cheaper than a damaged mirror.

• 11 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 6:06 PM, flash22 said:

I have Toyota RAV4 2021 model. My side mirrors are on automatic position, meaning they fold inward when I lock the care and unfold when I unlock it. There are many occasions when after few minutes the front and rear lights flicker and the side mirrors unfold even when I'm far away with the remote control. Is it fault or a matter of setup? It seems to me it is a software fault but the garage manager doesn't know what how he should fix it. 

• 7 months later...
On 11/3/2020 at 7:51 PM, raf82 said:

Hi Rav4ers - I'm having trouble installing the unit into my 2017 Rav4 Hybrid because my plug is wired differently. 

As you can see in my pic, the 4 are blk, pink, purp, and thick whi/blk, when they should be grey, blk, blk, whi/blk as in Leckytech's diagram... 

There is thin grey and a thin whi/blk in the other bank of the plug

I don't have a multimeter, what should I do? @Leckytech@Kos_ta thoughts?

Thanks so much! 

20221211_133522.jpg

20221211_133548.jpg

20221211_133527.jpg

18 hours ago, Rav4ian said:

Hi Rav4ers - I'm having trouble installing the unit into my 2017 Rav4 Hybrid because my plug is wired differently. 

As you can see in my pic, the 4 are blk, pink, purp, and thick whi/blk, when they should be grey, blk, blk, whi/blk as in Leckytech's diagram... 

There is thin grey and a thin whi/blk in the other bank of the plug

I don't have a multimeter, what should I do? @Leckytech@Kos_ta thoughts?

Thanks so much! 

I figured it out. I bought a multimeter and tested the wires... unfortunately, I got it backwards the first time and the mirrors folded in when I unlocked the car! Not sure how since each wire showed voltage when I clicked the corresponding buttons on the remote when testing.

Not sure of the pin numbers, but for mine the grey was constant 12v, the blk next to the yellow was lock and the blk next to pink was unlock.

2017 RAV4 Hybrid, European Selection editon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,I have 2013 Toyota Rav4 2.0 D,and my mirror are not with folding feature,my I can fit the folding feature?

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, Rav4ian said:

I figured it out. I bought a multimeter and tested the wires... unfortunately, I got it backwards the first time and the mirrors folded in when I unlocked the car! Not sure how since each wire showed voltage when I clicked the corresponding buttons on the remote when testing.

Not sure of the pin numbers, but for mine the grey was constant 12v, the blk next to the yellow was lock and the blk next to pink was unlock.

2017 RAV4 Hybrid, European Selection editon

Hi Rav4ian. I have the European version of 2018 RAV4 Hybrid (steering wheel on the left). Please take a look at the photo below. Can you confirm that you connected the wires on your car like this? Thank you.

image.thumb.png.f11e2d3363997eaf233affd7905f3fc1.png

I'm looking to buy one of these kits as well. Just got one question...Did you manage to pickup a permanent live from the drivers footwell? Also does that plastic trim you need to remove for access come off easy enough? Don't want to be snapping any plastic retaining plugs... 

4 hours ago, biniware said:

Hi Rav4ian. I have the European version of 2018 RAV4 Hybrid (steering wheel on the left). Please take a look at the photo below. Can you confirm that you connected the wires on your car like this? Thank you.

image.thumb.png.f11e2d3363997eaf233affd7905f3fc1.png

Hi - as far as I can remember, that is correct. I looked back at the previous posts and pictures (including my own) and I am fairly certain. When in doubt, buy a multimeter. I got one for less than $5 usd.

* disclaimer - I am not liable for anything I say or do!!!

4 hours ago, morpetlab said:

I'm looking to buy one of these kits as well. Just got one question...Did you manage to pickup a permanent live from the drivers footwell? Also does that plastic trim you need to remove for access come off easy enough? Don't want to be snapping any plastic retaining plugs... 

Yes, permanent live is bundled with the lock/unlock wires.

Tools are not required, but make taking off the trim panels easier

On 2/21/2023 at 4:38 PM, Rav4ian said:

Hi - as far as I can remember, that is correct. I looked back at the previous posts and pictures (including my own) and I am fairly certain. When in doubt, buy a multimeter. I got one for less than $5 usd.

* disclaimer - I am not liable for anything I say or do!!!

Thank you. Now that you have mentioned, I ordered a multimeter, watched some YouTube videos (since the last when I used a multimeter was 20 years ago) and I am waiting for the module to arrive in couple of days. It is currently processed at the customs. I will report back once I install it.

33 minutes ago, morpetlab said:

I'm looking to buy one of these kits as well. Just got one question...Did you manage to pickup a permanent live from the drivers footwell?  panoramacharter.ltd

Sorry, if I wasn't clear when I answered your question in a previous post "Yes, permanent live is bundled with the lock/unlock wires."

What I meant was that the grey wire in the original Toyota plug (the pic of mine that biniware posted) is permanent live 12v.

Does that make sense?

I want to thank everyone that contributed to this topic. I finally received the auto folding mirror kit and I installed it today on my 2018 RAV4 Hybrid (European version, steering wheel on the left side). I used the included double sided 3M tape to place the module inside. I could not use the back of the dash panel because I have there the remote start module:

image.thumb.png.df6472059e0cc10b1e6ed2fadc8f7e01.png

There is not enough room to solder the wires and you can't get the harness out like seen in YouTube videos where they solder 2 wires of 10cm length on a table. So, I used the included Scotchlok connectors to splice the wires:

image.thumb.png.e128f6864bf676f8e1f592d877c9f69f.png

Then I connected the mirror switch from the back of the dash panel to the module wiring loom:

image.thumb.png.0a46f0abf7d66090496e52d8553127e4.png

Tested, it is working great, project done.

Again, thank to the pioneers that did this before and took their time to help others too.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 11:16 PM, biniware said:

I want to thank everyone that contributed to this topic.

I finally received the auto folding mirror kit and I installed it today on my 2018 RAV4 Hybrid (European version, steering wheel on the left side). 

Hello,
I have the same car and I also ordered this kit.
The explanations are detailed and I hope I can do well with the installation.
I have a few more questions about the car. Can I contact you with a private message? The issues are off-topic and I don't want to disturb.
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 10:08 AM, rav4hero said:

Hello,
I have the same car and I also ordered this kit.
The explanations are detailed and I hope I can do well with the installation.
I have a few more questions about the car. Can I contact you with a private message? The issues are off-topic and I don't want to disturb.
Thank you

Sure, you can send me a private message.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links