Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Toyota history - surprising?

DAF XF

Recently got set up on this now granted my car is an 08 2.0 sr so these are all in the distant past but i was amazed to see how much work went into a barely over 12 month old car  

9FBB5D7B-CE83-4DE3-A390-D006247F81F7.thumb.jpeg.a57f40a109230b2ccf0ffbe858a32078.jpeg

Unfortunately words are cut short  would this have been excessive oil consumption and then they looked at the cylinder assembly?

8B5325AC-80AF-4894-9E1A-DA9273F72C9A.thumb.jpeg.187ff18d8a2819d0d96916707b2932fb.jpeg

I suppose it’s perhaps testimony to the work that nearly at 170,000 miles I’ve had next to no bother but seems all the more strange so much occurred in the first 3 years or is this relatively normal?

Presumably the car had one of the two issues that affected the AD series engine for a period of time - one issue being excessive oil consumption and the other being head gasket failure. See 

It is thought that the issues affected a small percentage of engines.

My two petrol Auris each had one warranty fault during the first three years - the 2009 model, a broken passenger side cupholder, and the 2012 model a failed tailgate strut (both struts replaced under warranty).

Mine is a ADE150R right enough so maybe that’s the case mike thanks. Would that have just been a new gasket or replacement engine in most cases?

The 2009 complaint looks to be gearbox. The 2nd "cylinder assy" could refer to brakes or engine?

The car is 59 plate, registered in September 2009.

It states it had Rear pads discs changed in Dec 2007 and oil pump, piston & piston rings in June 2009. The last time it went the mileage is recorded incorrectly.

1 hour ago, TAuris said:

The car is 59 plate, registered in September 2009.

It states it had Rear pads discs changed in Dec 2007 and oil pump, piston & piston rings in June 2009. The last time it went the mileage is recorded incorrectly.

Who’s? Yours? Mine is 2008