Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Roof Rubber Trim

Tomos88

Hi

I recently noticed one of my two rubber trims (apologies if thats not the correct term), which are on either side of roof and run from front to back of car, was loose.

My car had some work done on the roof lately, and they took the two trims off, then placed them back on (it was loose prior to going into garage).

Anyway, last week i noticed a few inches was sticking up, so i pressed it back in, not thinking anymore of it, but on weekend i noticed it had completely gone.  We did have some bad weather but it was only a few inches hanging out when i last noticed.

Long story short - i am missing a rubber trim.  I have looked on a few websites, and even contacted my local Toyota garage (who failed to ring me back) but i haven't had any luck locating a replacement. 

Has anyone ever had to replace these?  And if so, where did you manage to source it from?  It is a 2011 Toyota Aygo, am i right in thinking a C1 or 108 would have the same fitting?

Thanks

Interesting - same here. We are also missing one of those strips on the roof on our 2010 Aygo and was wondering how that could have come off but also how I might source a replacement.

Breakers yard or eBay are probably cheapest options.

On here, DevonAygo might be able to look up a part number for you.

PartsKing also might be able to, and you might be able to order it from him too!

Do you have pictures?

Be interested to know how this trim is attached as one of mine has started to come loose at the rear, above the boot!

(Don't want to pull at it in case I can't get it back on!)

I have attached two pictures.  The rubber trim is connected via a small clip at the front of the car and one at the rear.

IMAG0788.jpg

IMAG0787.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent pix tomos thanks.

It would seem that mine is clipped in properly as it's just poping up right at the very tip, way after the clip...

What are those rubber trims for anyway?? All cars seem to have them but I never know why; I thought it was for a Roof Rack mounting or something but even cars that don't have roof-rack mounts have them, and then there are cars that have roof racks but they don't use the channels either!

Some cover the roof seam welds.

• Like 1

That would make sense - I guess on old cars that seam became the 'drip' edge that ran above the door openings acting like a roof gutter.

• 3 years later...

Hi, did any of you guys manage to get these . I’m missing 2…. One on each side 

• 7 months later...

anyone had success in buying the trim??

any help is greatly appreciated

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links