Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant not available

jarys

Having recently used up all the Toyota green coolant that I had for topping up my beloved 1995 Carina E, 1.8, I have been unable to find another bottle (Toyota say it's no longer available). Can't find green coolant anywhere. Can get blue, red, pink or orange. Am told that you can't mix different ones and my local Toyota dealer suggested booking the car in to have the coolant drained, flushed and refilled with red - seems to be a sledge hammer to crack a nut! Would be grateful for any advice on this. Will it matter if I get blue coolant to top up the green coolant already in the system or will I really have to get it drained, flushed and refilled completely with another colour ?:ohmy:

The difference between the different colour coolants probably related to their design life - green probably two years, red long life five years, and pink super long life ten years up to the first coolant change (thereafter every 5 years) - and also whether the engine required OAT coolant.

• Like 1

My understanding is that you are not supposed to mix OAT coolants (like the red) with the old type. With my old Corollas I have had them drained and refilled with red OAT. The advantage is that red OAT is long-life. I haven't had to have my coolant changed since.

• Like 1

Green coolant is available from Toyota

Part numbers 08889-80020 for 5lt 08889-80021 for 1lt

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links