Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Eicher Break Pads Any Good?

ABToyota

When I am breaking at low speed I hear a grinding noise from the back tyres - I suspect this is the rear discs and brakes starting to go?

So I know a local mechanic and I just get the parts and he fits them in. I just go to Eurocarparts as they seem to have decent prices. What I wasn't sure about is the quality of some makes of brake discs and pads.

So which make should I go for and from where?

Eicher are a Euro Car Parts own brand.  I imagine the name has been chosen to sound German, but I've read that they are generally Chinese made.

From what I've seen on forums their reputation seems fairly neutral, tending towards negative.

The Textar ones online are cheaper than the Eicher ones from Eurocarparts which is a surprise. 

4 hours ago, ABToyota said:

So do I need handbrake shoe and fitting kit as well? 

The handbrake shoes don't tend to wear much since they're only used while the car is stopped.  I'd check them while I had the discs off, but they'll probably be ok with a refit and correct adjustment done.

• Like 1

I got a price for front and rear pads from the dealer this week. £85 for front and rear pads. it's about £20 to £30 dearer than euro but it's oem parts. Worth giving the dealers a call. 

On 30/11/2017 at 11:48 AM, TAuris said:

Textar and Bosch are OEM.

On 03/12/2017 at 5:36 PM, mac_auris63 said:

I got a price for front and rear pads from the dealer this week. £85 for front and rear pads. it's about £20 to £30 dearer than euro but it's oem parts. Worth giving the dealers a call. 

My car came with genuine Toyota brake pads. The front pads have Toyota & Bosch logo and the rears Toyota & TEXTAR. Both brake discs are genuine Toyota with black hub and side, synonymous with Brembo.

Well I had an oil , pollen and air filter changed and replaced the back discs and break pads. My mechanic said put in Apec (£57 for break pads and discs) as he's never had a problem with them. Fitted for £55 so not bad. 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2017 at 3:04 PM, ABToyota said:

Well I had an oil , pollen and air filter changed and replaced the back discs and break pads. My mechanic said put in Apec (£57 for break pads and discs) as he's never had a problem with them. Fitted for £55 so not bad. 

I have Apec brakes pads and discs all round since early 2016, on my Avensis.  They are fine to date. Also had them on my old Avensis MK1 7AFE, after trying Eicher which had warp judder after 7 months. 

The quality of the Apec is higher than the Eicher, just like the Bosch originals.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links