Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.2d4d on a 10 plate.

Jeff fae Scotland

Hi guys im afraid i will have to pick your brains on this.

While driving yesterday i heard a noise coming from the passenger side at about  mirror height and ,inside the car.

I can only desribe it as air being blown.Now ive checked the fan on the heater but its there when the fan is off and wind being blown

over the wing mirror.

Could this be coming from the turbo ?.Ive heard "ready to go" turbos and they seem to whistle . My car has only done 61.000.mls.

The second thing is,has it got a fly by wire accelerator.....Thanks in advance :wub::rolleyes::smile:

Hi John, this really should have been posted in the Avensis forum & not General Discussions imo.

Can you get someone to sit in the passenger seat & try & localize it? Is it still there if you change the air distribution (even without the fan on air will still be driven through the system by the vehicle's forward motion)? Alternatively passenger window not fully shut or a leak in the seals? There will be wind noise from the wing mirror as it disturbs airflow.

Moved to the Avensis club.

To answer your second question, yes as with all common rail diesels the D4d has to have a fly-by-wire accelerator as the fuelling is totally electronically controlled.

• 4 weeks later...

Look at the turbo pipework and check for split hoses. More than likely have a boost leak. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links