FROSTYBALLS

Second generation Toyota Safety Sense to be rolled out from 2018

Sorry - I missed this at the time. I'm interested in getting a new Yaris with 2nd gen TSS. On the blog post, someone asked when the Yaris would be available with this feature, and Toyota said "ask your dealer". So I went to ask my local dealer yesterday, and they said "sorry, we have no idea".

Anyone any idea when UK cars with 2nd gen TSS will start appearing?  The blog post just says "during 2018" - which could be next Xmas! 

Cheers

Paul

Originally the blog post said that the second generation TSS will be rolled out 'during 2018'. I note this has changed to 'from 2018'.

Thanks Mike....not unexpected! I'll keep an eye out for further news. 

Paul

Been a few months now - is there any more news of 2nd Gen Safety Sense? Any news on when it may arrive on the Yaris?

The Yaris current safety sense is TSS-C, will the second gen include pedestrian detection or is it also TSS-C (i.e. no radar)?

Cheers

Paul

These sort of things tend to change on new models or mid-life facelifts. As such I suspect that they may appear here first on the forthcoming new model Auris & RAV4.

The current Yaris model is from 2013> - I suspect it is due to be replaced either 2019 or 2020.

• Thanks 1