Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door mirror control

Philhunt47

Very recently took delivery of new 2017 Icon Tech Hybrid.

Drove it at night for the first time last night and noticed that the door mirror controls on panel to right of steering wheel weren’t illuminated nor were any of the controls on the steering wheel itself.

should they be illuminated or not?

No. That's another part of the cost  cutting to  go along with "remove Footwell lights"! 

Hi, my 2013 hybrid has neither illuminated mirror controls, nor illuminated steering wheel controls. The electric window switches are dark (except the Auto one). The headlight height adjuster is illuminated. Note that my 2003 Astra has all these switches illuminated! That's progress.

This sort of progress reminds me of my first DVD player. By default it would remember where you left off on every DVD that was removed. Nothing since seems to have this useful feature and so you have to go through all the crap and then fast forward :wacko:

Thanks for the replies.

Although I would have been disappointed had there been a fault on the car, I’m a bit surprised that there is no illumination for the mirror control as this is something  I seem to use quite a lot

The only switch remotely illuminated over that side is the AUTO label for the driver's window. The rest you need to do by feel.

I'm actually pleased the steering buttons are not illuminated - it would drive me crazy at night.

More  cost cutting. I miss the ability to switch off the boot light and no illuminated vanity mirror on the passenger sun visor. Could ramble on about other cheap touches such as the tacky clips that hold up the rear parcel shelf cord, etc but will contain myself. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links