Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are all 4AFE engines interchangeable?

Chris84

Hello,  I'm Chris, long time Carina driver,  thanks for taking the time to read this.

First off can I apologise if this question has been asked before,  I tried to find it before I posted this.

OK, I have a 1994, Carina E, 1.6

The engine has had it so I'm looking for a replacement to swap like for like.  I can't bring myself to scrap it.

My question is will any 4AFE engine fit, ie from a 1998 corolla or an early avensis?  Or are there differences I need to be aware of?

Any advice or tips on this job are welcome.  Also, if anyone knows where I can get a good condition replacement engine please get in touch.

Thanks

Chris

Plenty of sources to identify a Tcar with a 4A-FE.

Cheers

2sav

I know the larger 7A;FE is non-interfere and after a general search, so is the 4A-FE. There are minor difference - mainly with the ancillaries. 
You need to look at sites like http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota - you can look at models and compare parts and check part numbers.

• Like 1

As 'breakers', all Toyotas (of this older age..) seem to be stripped of all oily bits & containered either to Belarus/Afghanistan or Africa!!

An engine will not lie around long.... I see them (whole cars) appear on Gumtree as 'Spares or Repairs' ... this is probably your best avenue, m8

2sav

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies,

The reason I was asking is that I have found a potential engine but its coming from a corolla G6R.  I believe it was fitted with a different exhaust manifold.  I was just trying to determine whether any other changes may have been made that might catch me out when I come to fit it.

Cheers