Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PIP Recall - EV Fuse

johalareewi

Recall letter received today for my gen1 PIP for EV Fuse Replacement.

• 4 weeks later...

Likewise.

Typical as it was only in for a service about 6 weeks ago where they done the charcoal canister recall.

My PIP is booked in for a service in a couple of weeks.  I mentioned the recall letter and MrT knew nothing about it.  Said there was no recall showing up on their records.

I sent through the details from the letter but have not heard back yet.

MrT has confirmed the recall and will do it at the service in a couple of weeks time.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had this replacement fuse yet. I arranged early in Dec 17 for te work to be done but my local dealer is saying as of today 22 Jan the part has not been delivered by Toyota.Toyota themselves say part is available!!!!

So have the dealer actually ordered the part, and what have they said is the status of the order (eg on back order).

Mine was supposed to have been done last Friday but I have had no paperwork to say it was done.

12 minutes ago, johalareewi said:

Mine was supposed to have been done last Friday but I have had no paperwork to say it was done.

What paperwork were you expecting?

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Confirmation on the service document - I got this when the charcoal canister recall was completed on my PiP.

20 minutes ago, MEP's Yaris GS said:

Confirmation on the service document - I got this when the charcoal canister recall was completed on my PiP.

That is if the recall was done with a service. As far as I'm aware, if done outside of a service, no paperwork is issued.  The digital service history is noted.

On recalls I've had done on a Toyota and Mazda, both of which were done separately to a service, no customer documentation was issued. The Mazda recall was checking the tightness of a valve in the manifold - 4 hours labour.

It'll show up on your MyToyota history online.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I looked on mytoyota it was missing loads of data that was previously there and it is such a pain to use I don't use it anymore.

On 23/01/2018 at 11:15 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Anything.  All I got was the workshop tick sheet.  Nothing to say it had been serviced or what had been done (or not).  Car is on a service plan so not getting an invoice is normal but they usually send one if I ask but this time they haven't.

The workshop ticklist and the visual inspection report is what one usually gets when one has a service plan with Toyota.

I have written into my service plan that the dealer supplies a copy of the invoice to me.

Usually recalls don't generate any customer paperwork - the audit trail goes back to the manufacturer as confirmation the recall has been done. Same with warranty work.