Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi there, New me bereiken with heating issues...

BenDiekema

Hi there, my name is Ben and the proud owner of a 2007 T25 wagon. Now I have a problem. My car won't heat up in the interior. The meter of the water temperature is also swinging dromen normal to warm and back. Anyone an answer what the problem might be so I can get it nice and warm inside the car....

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Avensis club.

There could be an airlock on the system, and the cooling needs bleeding. The thermostat could be sticking or there is a leak in the system. Check the coolant levels, and the quality and strength. 

It is best to do pre winter checks every year,  because you don't want to be out in the cold dealing with any problems. 

How I bleed the system (usually as part of coolant change), with cold engine (not running) with the cap off, and squeeze all the hoses to force the air out. I squeeze the hoses to the heater matrix, back to the main hoses to the radiator. You will notice bubbles appearing and coolant level dropping. Top up and repeat, until no more bubbles appear and coolant dropping. Then I start the engine and allow to warm up. This is when you will notice if the thermostat is working. Some bubbles may appear, but if the coolant begins to rise, replace the radiator and expansion bottle caps. Feel the hoses which should be warm and check the temperature gauge. Check the heater output.

If all is well then keep an eye on the expansion bottle level and top up with coolant if necessary when the engine has cooled down, preferably the next day before use.

I only top up and use premixed coolant, and never water!

Hope is it not more serious, because unless you have a warm garage to work in,  you will not want to be working on the car right now. Or just pay a mechanic to do the work. 

Morning,

Just topped up the system and the interior is getting warmer then before. Just going to top it up later, and I will get back to you.

How does it come that the system is Low?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BenDiekema said:

Morning,

Just topped up the system and the interior is getting warmer then before. Just going to top it up later, and I will get back to you.

How does it come that the system is Low?

You may have a leak. When you next stop, with the engine hot,  check for leaks. A few years back,  I found a leak because there was a drip on the drive ( it was summer and dry). I traced the leak to a cracked plastic at the top of the radiator. I replaced it myself within a few hours,  with a brand new radiator. Before I found the leak, I kept topping up the coolant, because I couldn't find the leak until I saw the drip. Same with the water pump. The drip only happened during warming up cooling down. One area where I had a leak was an engine core plug, many years ago on a Fiesta I once owned. That was a quick fix too.

If it's a diesel it could be the cylinder head gasket.

• Like 1

Hé guys,

So, I checked the coolant fluid, and I was out... So I topped it up with 4 litres and the heat came back... What a joy in these weather conditions... Thanks for all the feedback!

a) I hope that you used the correct coolant & not just water ...

b) keep an eye on your coolant level. If it is dropping quickly then you have an issue - a leak or possibly head/head gasket.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 11:18 AM, alan333 said:

If it's a diesel it could be the cylinder head gasket.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:57 PM, m456an said:

Also check the oil cap. 

You have not said what engine you have. The reason why diesel is mentioned, is because AD engines are known to have head gasket failures. So if you don't have a visible leak, you may have a head gasket failure, and could result in a replacement engine!

On 12/10/2017 at 6:57 PM, BenDiekema said:

Hé guys,

So, I checked the coolant fluid, and I was out... So I topped it up with 4 litres and the heat came back... What a joy in these weather conditions... Thanks for all the feedback!

On 12/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, Heidfirst said:

a) I hope that you used the correct coolant & not just water ...

b) keep an eye on your coolant level. If it is dropping quickly then you have an issue - a leak or possibly head/head gasket.

I would worry if you are topping up 4 by litres. Was this after previously topping up or when you first topped up when advised. Just keep an eye on it and use proper coolant as mentioned by Heidfirst and myself in previous reply.

I will check it double, I saw no leaks at the head gasket, but gonna keep an close eye at it.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

Okay, so far, checked the gasket and it's fine. Hoses are fine, radiator is fine... So I have to change the thermostate...

But... Were the **** is this thing.... Somebody a picture were it's located perhaps... I have a T25 2.0d4d 126hp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links