Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will a 2002 Yaris reinforcer bar (metal bumper) fit a 2005 model?

edtwozeronine

I've had a mishap and smashed in my 2005 Yaris Bumper in the snow and ice, but I'm working on getting it sorted.

The 2002 plastic bumper I found at a scrap yard is definitely the wrong shape to fit around my cars headlights, but the metal bar under it could be just what I need so long as it hasn't changed from 2002 to 2005.

I managed to source a plastic bumper pattern part for the plastic bumper, now I just need something to attach it to. It would be nice to know if under the bumper all the parts are basically the same or not, I got the impression that 1999-2005 are basically the same model from looking on Honest Johns website.

Any help greatly appreciated.

If the spares car is a french built Yaris ( chassis starting VN ) and your car was built Pre May 2005 then Yes it shares if your car was built after May then no

If the spares car is Japenese Yaris ( chassis starting JT ) and it has a 1.3 or 1.4d then Yes if it has a 1.0 or 1.5 then no

• Like 1

Thanks, Devon Aygo!

Not sure about the 2002 (02 plate) spare, but my 2005 is Japanese built and a 55 plate registered 1st September to
end February. Guess I'll find out when it comes off the spare tomorrow. The air con radiator thingy might match too if I'm lucky.

From what I could see through it's grill it had the same set-up of one radiator with a vertical bar on it's left, hooked up to another radiator behind it.

Rare to have such a late Japanese built car most were french by 2005, is it a T-sport?

T-Spirit - I was looking for a comfortable small diesel and found one. It's been great! Only needed fuel, tyres and oil changes, up until this unfortunate incident... 

Ahh that explains it, all the diesels are made in japan.

Also congrats, T-Spirit D4D Yaris Mk1 is the best car! ^____^

(I'm so going to miss my one! ;_; )

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ahh that explains it, all the diesels are made in japan.

Also congrats, T-Spirit D4D Yaris Mk1 is the best car! ^____^

(I'm so going to miss my one! ;_; )

Not quite when Toyota launched MK1 Yaris in 1999 all models were Japanese,  in 2001 French production came online by 2003 1.0 & 1.3 had all switched to French only, the 1.4d continued to come from either factory but 2004 it was rare but not unheard of to get a Japanese built one. Only the 1.5 T-sport remained as a Japanese only build.

MK2 was similar, as the Japanese launched MK2 first they used this time to build up launch stock so when MK2 launched in EU stock was either French or Japanese but this only lasted a few months before all EU stock came from France with the exception of the 1.8 SR which was Japanese only

MK3 were French from launch 

21 hours ago, edtwozeronine said:

Thanks, Devon Aygo!

Not sure about the 2002 (02 plate) spare, but my 2005 is Japanese built and a 55 plate registered 1st September to
end February. Guess I'll find out when it comes off the spare tomorrow. The air con radiator thingy might match too if I'm lucky.

From what I could see through it's grill it had the same set-up of one radiator with a vertical bar on it's left, hooked up to another radiator behind it.

Re: the Condensor ( radiator thingy ) it is unique to Japanese built 1.3vvti or 1.4d it does not share with any other model.

That's interesting - When I was looking for a 5-door Mk1 D4D every single one I looked at had Made in Japan stickers all over them, and this is from 03 all the way to 55 plate ones! I haven't seen a single French one, ever! Assumed they didn't exist! XD

Got it all back together now, with the front radiator thingy, which did fit from the 2002 model and the metal bumper. It looks a bit weird with the light-blue inserts on the matt black bumper, but it's nice to have it sorted again so quickly for a total spend of £83. My legs feel wrecked from lying sideways on the cold floor, even with blanket down. It was freezing cold outside today!

• Like 1