Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wax on, wax off.......

paulie b

Hi. I wonder if we could swap some hint and tips to make the process of keeping our cars clean. In my own case this means how to get the best results in the shortest possible time!

My little Aygo is white and I don't particularly care for washing cars. I use a pump up 'power washer' (a sort of garden sprayer thingy) with a brush on the end. It's quite effective for getting rid of the dirt. I also have some of that waterless spray wash stuff - can't remember the name off hand but I mean the thing you supposedly squirt from the bottle and buff off. I haven't used it on the Aygo yet. I did hear that a drop of bleach in a bucketful of water when washing a white car will bring the paintwork up a treat, but have never tried that either. 

Hi Paul I am sure I have read that bleach will affect the clear coat on your car. Don't think I would risk it as I am pretty sure it would also remove the polish I am also a believer of hosing off any road grit or salt first. could you not, if you are unable to access a hose, filling your spay with water before will help to lift and soften some of the dirt etc that you pick up off the road. the salt that is spread at this time of year can be hard  Start at the top and work down then what ever you use will run down and soften the dirt on there. also if you use a sponge remember that hard bits can get into it and cause scratches. there is a lot of info online re washing and not all agree on the way to do this but some put a lot more work into it to get the high standard they seek

Del

Hi Del. Thanks for the heads up regarding the bleach. I wouldn't have tried it myself but your reply makes sense. My mission, when washing cars, is to go it as quickly as possible yet have a reasonable end result. I'm definitely not into detailing and such. 

BTW has anyone any experience of the waterless car cleaning products? If so, what do you think of them? 

I use the Williams  waterless spray  and my paintwork  looks like new, also it helps to prevent dirt sticking to the car so if I am being lazy a few buckets of warm water removes most of the grime.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links