Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer Reservoir Tank issue

qkrusty

Hey guys,

So long story short I had a accident with my car and insurance company won't cover my claim so I have to pay for it by my self. Now here comes the problem , according to my colleague who checked catalogue of some supplier original washer Reservoir tank for my exact type of car (2009 Auris E15UT - that is 2.2 D-CAT 130kw , before Facelift)  is 140euros, which is way too much for me right now.

What I would like to do... There are some other Tanks for sale in my area which I would like to buy but I'm not sure if they we be able to mount them for my car, they do not look exactly same but are much cheaper. I know my Auris has Xenons which means I have to have headlight washer nozzles and my tank has extra pump for it ( 3 pumps total). The question is can I buy some other tank from other Auris without this and mount it ? 

I'm providing links for you guys and some photos of my original tank which I cannot even find for sale in my area.

Please If anybody has similar experience or knowledge about this let me know as I'm really desperate. 

My plan is to just ignore the third pump therefore I won't have headlight washers functioning, which I don't use anyway.. I know I'm required to have this but I can pass my state vehicle control anyway without this..  (my washer jet nozzle and front pump broke as well and that's a lot of money). Car is not in the workshop yet and I need to order the parts first that's why I'm here.

Ads I have found are in the attachment as well.

Thank you very much in advance for any kind of reply. 

20171211_115255_HDR.jpg

20171211_115301_HDR.jpg

20171211_115312_HDR.jpg

Capture+_2017-12-15-15-04-05.png

Capture+_2017-12-15-15-03-21.png

Capture+_2017-12-15-15-02-47.png

Capture+_2017-12-15-15-01-09.png

Since you spent more time on that research, is the tank same for all models? Pretty sure there are some used ones for sale, but problem is they are not such wanted items, so you need to find people in your area selling Auris in parts, and ask for it. For example https://auto.bazos.sk/inzerat/79545226/DILY-Z-TOYOTA-AURIS-16-nahradni-dily.php

I know it's CZ, but i presume since it's on SK website,  they will probably ship to you.

Another question, why dont you try getting it fixed? I know there are guys who fix bumpers, so they have different kinds of plastic they use to fix the bumpers, maybe it can be fixed, and should be max 20 euros. I only see it broken a bit in the front, it's not crushed that much.

It might be possible to fix it yourself using some epoxy or similar.

That's why I came here because I'm really confused by these tanks I spent much time searching and browsing through different kind of sites selling these and all of them for Auris looks different than what I have in my car. I'm really afraid of buying one through the internet just to find out it cannot be mounted. The worst thing is that these adverts doesn't post any kind of info just photo of tank.

As for the fixing .. I thought about that but was told that these kind of plastic parts are really strong but impossible to fix with glues or such, I can still ask right in the workshop on Monday though.

I can buy used tank even from the advert you have posted but the real question which boggles my mind is , could it be mounted in my car without an issue ? :/

Sorry that I'm not that well informed, I really thought finding a right part would be an easier process. 

Araldite two-part glue works well on plastics.  Thoroughly clean and roughen the surface first to give a good key.

• Like 1

is there not a part no. somewhere on your original tank?

Well it's cheaper to try out some fix before, especially if you are unsure, and are buying sight unseen, lets not forget the delivery fee. I know that some cars have water tank in different places based on engine which is in the car, but this being from the outside of the body, within the bumper, i dont see why it's not the same.

I found videos online of people using glues to fix plastic tanks used for coolants, so it might be doable.

As Alan said, some 2 part glue would be your best, clean it thouroughly, maybe rought it up a bit, to get better adhesion.  Personally, i would use water tight silicone in all the cracks, wait 24 hrs, and then apply some two part epoxy glue, to make the connection as hard as possible. 

If you go to a shop, they will probably say that you need to replace whole unit, easiest job for them, they dont want to bother with those things, unless it's their own cars.  It's just a water tank, i dont see why it would be some fancy super durable plastic.

The correct part number for the washer bottle on your car is 85355-02060 a quick google search of the part number shows a few out there

23 hours ago, alan333 said:

Araldite two-part glue works well on plastics.  Thoroughly clean and roughen the surface first to give a good key.

Or use a hot glue gun, which uses a flexible thermoplastic as glue. Back in the bad old days when I used to brew my own beer, I once melted a 30mm diameter hole in my beloved pressure barrel, which was made of much the same stuff as these tanks. (Oops, must remember not to leave these things lying around on top of heaters. :laugh: )My HGG fixed it in half an hour, and it was back to full pressure.

Agree that, judging from those pictures, your tank is perfectly fixable. Give it a try. What have you got to lose?

carefully use a soldering iron to melt the plastics back together

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eygo said:

carefully use a soldering iron to melt the plastics back together

I was going to suggest that as well. Go carefully, because you can make things worse if you overdo it, but it's  very good for making final tweaks.

Best make sure it isn't your favourite soldering iron. And that the wife is out of range, because it smells a bit. :biggrin:

Guys i have a chance to buy an original tank for my car, same as mine, with 3 holes for 3 pumps but as i mentioned i dont want to use the third pump.... is it good idea to still moun it and somehow cover the third hole or mount unfuctioning pump onto it ?

Or i just buy some other tank, regular with just 2 holes and pray that they will be able to put it there...

attached the tank which i would like to buy as substitute for my original one..

by the way, im very thankful for many replies in this thread although fixing this isnt just possible for me as i dont have time, tools neither the knowledge to do it and there is a hole bigger than a nut at the bottom of the tank... car is going to the workshop today, i can ask them if they are able to fix it but i very much doubt it. anyway thank you very much for help !

rrwrwr.png

If you wish to buy that tank, easiest and best would be to "plug" the hole with the broken pump. I dont think the shop would repair the old tank, it as it takes a lot of time for them, and they cant guarantee their fix will good in 3 yrs time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links