Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ABS light irritation

Morff56

Hello,

ABS light came on last week for a day, and went off the following day on my 2006 Yaris. I took it to the Toyota dealership and they advised it was a current code caused by an issue with the sensor which is part of the bearing and replaced the unit at a cost of £430.  Two days later the light is back on intermittently. It now goes on and off during a journey. Has anyone else got experience of this?

Thanks,

cath

I hope the dealer has resolved this satisfactorily for you. Fault codes are very specific and it sounds like the dealer has replaced the wheel sensor/bearing related to the code flagged up...... but in your case it appears not to have resolved the issue.

I wouldn't like to second guess the issue, it could be as simple as corroded/damaged connection to the sensor through to a problem with the ABS management system. I just hope the dealer is honest enough to tell you what the real issue is, and if it was something far more simple then to reimburse you as appropriate.

Misdiagnosis occasionally happens, its how they handle things afterwards that matters now.

There are lots of possible causes.

1. Wire cut and making occasional intermittent contact.. PIA to find. Visual inspection, break/make all contacts using electrical grease , cleaning all contacts

2. Ring on front drive shafts rusty/slight damage..Inspect by removing front sensors.(Which may damage them if old or break wiring £100+ for new sensors).

3.Contacts corroded.. see 1.

A real PIA to fix...    could take hours..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links