Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Springs And Spoiler

Jake

Hi Guys,

as promised click the link to see pics of my TSport Corolla, pics show the latest mods, TTE 30mm lowering springs now fitted, TTE front spoiler and the Toyota UK side skirts, all the work was done by JCT600 at Hull,

The appearance of the car has been improves quite a bit since fitting the springs, I also think the front spoiler adds a lot to the cars looks, the side skirts are something a lot of you will have comments on I'm sure, but for me it works, just enought to add to the looks with out being to dare I say it Max Power boy racer, look.

I'm impressed with the way the cars handling has been improved since fitting the springs, the beeping from the VSC is much less frequent, and the roll felt when pushing hard through the corners is all but elliminated, trust me i've tried this last week, all in all i'm very pleased with the changes, and now await the TTE twin sports exhaust, and quick shift gear change, come Steve whare are they :P Jake's T Sport Corolla

Jake what can i say i love it!! The side sills look really nice. As for the front spoiler that off the hook man :D So you are after a twin exhaust box. That will really look good i think. But i would think that a jap box style would just set the car off. That will really make the car look even more aggressive. :angry:

jerry!!

Your car is very nice... congrats...!

I would love to lower my car but, since I live in a 3third world country most of the streets are full with bumps, full of patches, etc...

I feel that If i lower my car it will be too harsh on my car, and that hurts me a lot... I dont want to do any harm to my baby...

Bobby, you living in Oxford as well then :P :P :P

That car is a stunning exmaple, please don't take this the wrong way but do all Corolla Tyres look so small ? They ust look as if they should be bigger....

Hi Guys

thanxs for you comments,

Rhaines, i know what you mean, (and again not wishing to offend any one who still has the standard wheels/tyres fitted), you should see it with the stock 16's. I was lucky to have read a tyre test that was done using a TSport, and the test was done using 17" wheels all the test drivers agreed it made a big difference to the cars hanling and grip, so I fitted my from new, doing a deal with my local dealer for the 16's but suppling my 17" wheels and tryes.

I had two long test drives in the demo and had the VSC beeping a lot, on the same test route my car fitted with 17's only gets the light flashing, now with the lower springs it just flys round.

Jerry what exhaust you thinking of, I'm new to this, have you seen the TTE twin exhaust?

Bobby the 30mm drop still gives plenty of clearence, UK roads are not great, and we have some very big speed humps to content with, you may find they could work for you.

Hi jake about exhaust pipes. I was thinking that a jap back box would look great on your car. Click on the link and then click on Show me the tail pipes.

You could also check them out for a price on your car as well.

http://www.powerflow.uk.com/products.html#

Jerry!!

Bobby, you living in Oxford as well then :P :P :P

That car is a stunning exmaple, please don't take this the wrong way but do all Corolla Tyres look so small ? They ust look as if they should be bigger....

you should see them stock without lowering... ;-)

as long as you lower the car, they look ok...i am fairly happy with stock wheels now after lowering the car by 30mm...I think Jake's 17" wheel fill out the arches nicely... keep in mind that the car is a bit higher at back than in front...

jake man...lookin tight!

I had a Powerflow backbox fitted yesterday & I have to say it looks & sounds wicked! :D I recommend! I've got the 4" tailpipe.

Although having heard Miss_T_sports HKS set-up i'd say that is top quality, don't know how they compare on price tho... :)

My Powerflow box was £180. (Pics on the way)

Even If I had the money to buy new wheels, I would have stick with the 16" size, I would have bought something like 16x7,get the correct offset , and putting some 225/45 tyres...

Hey Spwolf what's the size of your tyres???

Hi paseo. Glad someone has noticed me going on about powerflow all the time. I would really like to see your pic's of exhaust box. Did you have the exhaust fitted in stainless steel?

The price seems really good as well.

jerry!!

Even If I had the money to buy new wheels, I would have stick with the 16" size, I would have bought something like 16x7,get the correct offset , and putting some 225/45 tyres...

Hey Spwolf what's the size of your tyres???

if you gonna stick to 16", then you dont really need new wheels... just lower the car, and stock wheels look nice... you can put some wider tires of course

I am thinking of 17" wheels... 215/45... but if I get anything, it would be OZ racing Superleggera MTS:

http://www.ozracing.com/eng/car/pop_up.php?wheel=14

which are very expensive in combination with Continental tires, which are the best for our roads (lots of small holes on the road)... so the combination would cost me around 1.6k-2k USD which is a bit on expensive side ;-)

I thought you knew about cars, you cannot put some 225mm of width tyres in a 6inch wide wheel/rim...

i didnt say you should have 225/45 on ur stock tires ;-), of course you would need 7.5 x16 rims in that case... just said wider ones than current... there is really no need to change your stock wheels if you are not going to go up and get bigger rims... lower your car first and then see how it looks...

QUOTE (Bobby @ Mar 18 2003, 02:33 PM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you gonna stick to 16", then you dont really need new wheels...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you didnt EXPLAIN yourself correctly , that's why I posted my last post...

and I preffer getting some 16x7 rather than 16x7.5...

Come on Guys

I started this post to get you all drooling over my TSport, not to have you niggling at each other about tyres, what I've done with my TSport was to please me, not suggest that mine is better than a stock TS, just that little bit different now, make it mine thats all, so please if you want to have a post discussing the pros and cons of tyre and wheel sizes start a new one, I'm no expert so can't really comment, I followed the advice of others and that of the tyre review that was done in a mag, which just so happened to use a Corolla TSport to test them on, and even luckier for me they used 17" wheels, and the one thing I do know Bobby is that the Speedline Course Wheels fitted to mine do have the correct offset to match the car, so you don't have to stick with 16's to achieve this. ;)

Modifications of any sort will always be a matter of argument.

Peopl modify their cars to their specifications and because it's what they wanttheir car to look like and drive like, there can never be a right or wrong.

Every modded car has it's good points and bad and what one person may think is the puppies plums someone else may think is a totalwaste of money...

At the end of the day is it really worth an argument or putting somones back up....

My 2p....

Here take 10p rhaines. Nuff said mate!! :D

jerry!!

Hi Guys,

as promised click the link to see pics of my TSport Corolla, pics show the latest mods, TTE 30mm lowering springs now fitted,

Jake's T Sport Corolla

Hi Jake, congrats for the look of your car! B)

Can you give me a pleasure?

I'm interested to buy TTE Lowering Springs, but for me is important the height from ground to the front spoiler... (do you understand my bad-english? :-))

Can you measure how many cm are between the front spoiler and the ground?

Thank you very much! :) :)

hi pegasus,

just been to check for you,,,all across the front its about 155mm, but just on the return to the front wheels it drop a little lower to about 140-145mm,

hope this helps

Jake

hi pegasus,

just been to check for you,,,all across the front its about 155mm, but just on the return to the front wheels it drop a little lower to about 140-145mm,

hope this helps

Jake

Thank you very much, Jake :D :D

Hey Pegasus,

how fast is that TTE mod for D4D engine? Can you feel the difference?

Hi spwolf,

yes, i feel very well the difference.... :D

TTE say that with the kit now i have 140 cv, and i believe it!! :P

The acceleration is improved a lot, also to low RPM (1500-2000). From 2100 RPM the pointer increase very quickly. B) B)

The max vel. i don't know, i haven't test yet; TTE says 10-15 Km/h more.

The consumption, if i don't "race", is the same or something less.

If i "race" is a little bit more...

The only negative thing is the price: 990 €!! :blink:

If you want to see the kit, go here: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/corolla2002/

is my corolla, without TTE sport grille, the foto are "old", i must change it.

P.S. Today i've ordered TTE Lowering Springs always from www.tte.de because in Italy there are no dealer (other 239€... :blink:)

Sorry for my english, i hope you have translate what i wrote! :D :D

Regards

Hi Pegasus,,

your car looks very good, I think the TTE front spoiler will add to its looks,,,look forward to seeing new pics :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links