Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone tried disabling vsc

Robyn blackburn

I took my car off road last night, got to an axle twister style object, every time i tried to go over it i got the VSC light on, and it completely stopped power to all wheels leaving me going into reverse to get out and try again, so i had to take a different approch (rev up and power through it) not really a great idea if it was rocky, thankfully was all mud. Is there a way to disable the vsc for the 2006-2013 rav4 XT4 manual 2.0l petrol? is it the same as the v6 in America which is below...

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine. 
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
6. Disengage the parking brake.
7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.
8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Engage the parking brake.
12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

BTW this car is actually amazing in green lanes, ground clearance is ok and the car is doing fantastic so far. other than the vsc cutting in when the going gets tough and stopping drive to all wheels

does it not have a TRC/VSC switch? All my 3 Avensis have had.

From what I have heard only RAV4 from 09 had the button and also 2wd Rav 4 had one too but I have just attempted the bit at the bottom of my post, it does work to disengage the vsc

@^@

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine. 
8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).

...is this an April the 1st joke?

• Haha 1

It actually does work, im only disabling it for green lanes and once I turn off the engine it will reset back to normal, tried it today and the brake dance works 

16 hours ago, daveh_rav4 said:

@^@

2. Start the engine. 

...is this an April the 1st joke?

Sounds like a company lawyer was worried that they could be sued, so they made it REALLY difficult, to prove that it had been deliberate.  It happens in America :wacko:

19 minutes ago, IanML said:

Sounds like a company lawyer was worried that they could be sued, so they made it REALLY difficult, to prove that it had been deliberate.  It happens in America :wacko:

nahh its not just american sold cars. as mines a japanese car built in UK  it also has this feature, i was really supprised it works on a manual gearbox aswell as automatics, but it would be interesting to find out what other combinations there are to unlocking everything else, also there has to be an override for everything a car has... somewhere or somehow. 

but i understand right, toyota have put this in there just in case you do go off road in some way, as the VSC cuts power to all wheels if it notices slippage or slipping sideways, so when going off road that is not good, therefore you need to be able to diactivate the VSC system, and activates again with a turn of the key so you can drive on roads safely again