Do Not Sell My Personal Information

modding for 600bhp

jeff1234

Guys I'm trying to create 600bhp on my 1.6 litre prefacelift e12. Will it work if I replace most engine components, convert to rwd and a new gearbox and geartrain, add a t70 turbo kit, fit a home made exhaust, and do some body styling, ill also get new rims and tyres, new suspension and also a big brake kit and drilled rear brakes and new pads

i have also found an AEM EMS-4 ECU and i have looked at some strut braces, interior and underbody

You can probably do it buddy, all depends on how much your budget is. Fensports 600bhp cost them around £30K! 

Think it all depends on how much of the work you'll do and whether you've done it before. If you have, then maybe. If not, then it's going to cost you some money to learn. And by that I mean by making mistakes and buying more bits to fix the mistakes you make.

I don't think you could do it for £20k from a garage, and even if you could I don't know whether the job would be as good as it could be.

You could though see how fast you could make the car for £20k. Might not be 600bhp but who knows what you'd get it to.

Why not spend 3-6k max on a Corolla Compressor, super charged, 215bhp to begin with and go from there? 

I've seen an Mr2 turbo engine in T Sport running around 340bhp. Engine and gearbox was around £2 then £3-4K Labour removing the old one and setting up the new one. Or you could go straight for a gt4 turbo and start with 240bhp! Again it's all money isn't it. 

Or maybe just buy a car that's already modded like an Evo etc that's running 600bhp. Least then all the works done for you and it's run in too. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2ZZ-GE are very difficult to modify due to lack of tuning stuff out there unfortunately. Unless you custom make most of everything and have deep pockets of course, anything is possible.