Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Month of manufacture Corolla Gti

RedBullAE92

Is there a way of confirming the month of manufacture of my 1988 Corolla gti? 

You might be able to narrow it down to a month or two.

First find out the original date of sale or first registration in the log book, then look around the cabin and dashboard  at any removable panels etc , they often have date stickers on the inside showing when the sub assemblies were manufactured.

Some panels / parts on mine have May 2006 stickers and  first registered in Aug/Sept .

Why do you need the exact month, was there a model change or update that year  ?

Check out the fabric tag that's stitched to the bottom of your seat belt (B pillar)..pound to a penny it will show both month and year....mine does.:wink:

I'm entering my gti in a classic car run next year, cars need to be registered prior to April 1988. Mine was registered in June of that year so before I fill in the entry form I'm just finding a way of proving when mine was made. I should be fine as despite being registered in June we know full well that the car could have been a few months old at the time. 

Even if you prove the date of manufacture will the club change the date of registration rule to allow you car ?  - some Club rules can be  very strict.

Assume  yours is Japan built, wonder if contacting the factory direct and asking if they can help or is your fitted with any particular parts that would only have been used on builds prior to that date ?

3 hours ago, RedBullAE92 said:

I'm entering my gti in a classic car run next year, cars need to be registered prior to April 1988. Mine was registered in June of that year so before I fill in the entry form I'm just finding a way of proving when mine was made. I should be fine as despite being registered in June we know full well that the car could have been a few months old at the time. 

The website link I posted in my previous post is accurate. For example, from trade listing JTDKB20U207796839, a Prius was registered on 31/10/2008. So from https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Toyota&utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks  the production date is June 2008.

Another example, JTDBS182200040398 Lexus IS 200; DOR: 01/03/2000.  From partsouq website, production date is December 1999.