Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is this Toyota? It is an import, but I am curious what model.

Konrad C

A few days ago while waiting in the supermarket carpark, I noticed this car. 
10060006_104223.png.813a6f1cf846c69c6ecd98232054987d.png

The photo is a cropped still from my dash cam, as I was going to park.

It is a similar size to an Avensis estate, and is an import. The car had was given a 57 plate.
Looking at the shape it takes cues from Avensis, Verso and Lexus. I have searched photos, but no match yet. I try more searches, but just curious.  

Hi Konrad,

Is it one of these?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/reviews-advice/toyota-corolla-fielder-2006-2012-used-car-review/

If it is then it's a new one on me as well.....Toyota Corolla Fielder....You learn something new every day, don't you? :wink:

All the best. :smile:

Its certainly very similar, Neil....but there are differences in the door mirrors, the front end, the doors and the rear window..so I'm not 100% convinced.

Maybe they all changed as the model evolved.?...there are just so many JDM variances.

• Like 2

Hi Neil,

I see what you mean but I was going off the shape of the rear side window (Sort of what we used to call a "Quarterlight") and it slopes back in line with the rear door...To be honest, I'm not totally convinced either. :huh:

Like you say, there are so many variants and I always wonder how the boffins at Toyota know which cars to export to a particular market, for example the Toyota Estate in the picture certainly doesn't look amiss on a British Car Park, does it?  If you Google something along the lines of "Toyota Japanese imports" there seems to be many cars that I've never seen or heard of....Then again, it's fun to look isn't it?  

Have a good Christmas! :smile:

This is going to be a fun game. Next time I see the car, I will speak to the owner if parked, or take some photos (blanking the plates of course). It looked a similar shape and size to my Avensis T27.  

I love a challenge - I manage to solve a combination cable lock in 15 minutes by following a how to guide. The lock code was accidentally set wrongly! 

Lets see what the car is. 

Found it. It is a Mark X ZiO - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mark_X_ZiO

Apparently it shares the MC platform used in most current Toyota and some Lexus models - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform#New_MC

Big engine and auto (CVT) only.

3 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Hi Neil,

I see what you mean but I was going off the shape of the rear side window (Sort of what we used to call a "Quarterlight") and it slopes back in line with the rear door...To be honest, I'm not totally convinced either. :huh:

Like you say, there are so many variants and I always wonder how the boffins at Toyota know which cars to export to a particular market, for example the Toyota Estate in the picture certainly doesn't look amiss on a British Car Park, does it?  If you Google something along the lines of "Toyota Japanese imports" there seems to be many cars that I've never seen or heard of....Then again, it's fun to look isn't it?  

Have a good Christmas! :smile:

Seems the mystery is solved....and owning a Toyota import myself I know well of all the various (and sometimes bizarre) "models" they seem to come out with that never see the light of day anywhere outside Japan.

Even the Estima I have (basically the UK/Euro Previa) has SO many variations..:wacko:

Have a good Xmas yourself.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/20/2017 at 10:18 PM, Konrad C said:

A few days ago while waiting in the supermarket carpark, I noticed this car. 
10060006_104223.png.813a6f1cf846c69c6ecd98232054987d.png

The photo is a cropped still from my dash cam, as I was going to park.

It is a similar size to an Avensis estate, and is an import. The car had was given a 57 plate.
Looking at the shape it takes cues from Avensis, Verso and Lexus. I have searched photos, but no match yet. I try more searches, but just curious.  

That is my car.

2007 Mark X ZiO, was only availaible at Toyopet from 2007-09. Has a 2.4 Litre Camry engine and a Lexus interior

20180127_204926.jpg

Edited by RVREVO
Added photo