Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014-on aygo - ideas on when news of any facelift will appear?

fields of panda

dear members,

as this is my first action here as i've just signed up to this forum.... hello.

my husband's run with a white 1998 starlet sr as his first and only car since he passed his test in 2006 appears to be nearing an end. i reckon only months left before it has to be scrapped -  will almost cetrainly need too much extensive repairwork to pass another mot. coming up to  370,000 miles on it presently,so it has had quite an innings!  this will represent great pity for us both- it was car of choice for our first roadtrip holidays as teenagers, it appears on the wedding photos,etc... whilst i'm on my seventh car since i also passed my test in 2006, his starlet remained steadfast. 

with regards to its potential eventual replacement,aygo has been identified as ideal for his needs; namely, something modestly sized, simple, dependable, yet still with cheeky spirit that will see him drive around 25,000 miles per year with minimal  fuss, expense and just offer the bare necessities for the act of driving. even the prospect of the replacement car possibly having airconditioning is luxury for my husband!

however, i am mindful that this present generation car has been on sale since mid-2014...... so 3.5 years already. quick research tells me the previous generation aygo was released mid-2005, with first facelift early 2009 (3.5 years), then again in early 2012 ( another 3 years).  it would be a preference, particularly for me, to hold out for a facelift of this generation car; partly because maybe some improvements on spec, partly because this is likely/hopefully to be another long term purchase/ownership, but also because i have  a few small stylistic reservations about the current car which i don't think too unreasonable to be changed in a mid-life refresh (mainly lighting and bumper treatments).

any thoughts?  i note that they stopped selling 3-door yaris in the uk when facelifted again a few months back (but it is still available in mainland europe markets) - i hope this bodyshell option will be retained here for aygo's update at least, as we'd like a white 3-door, in order to closely resemble the outgoing starlet.  i might even try to cook up some red and green 'castrol' graphics for it........

best wishes.

As regards the current Aygo, it may be due a facelift in 2018, but this is conjecture. There have already been some adjustments to specs this year.

Not sure whether any facelift will drastically alter the styling as this was based around the Japanese Manga cartoon characters, and this successfully differentiates the Aygo from its sister cars, the C1 and 108.

thank you for writing, fb.

it's only minor alterations i wish of any forthcoming facelift!  particularly getting rid of the orange lenses for the indicators within its headlights! and maybe integration of the front drls into the headlights (instead of mounted either side of the front bumper's lower grille at diagonal angles ) as well :D

just hoping the current car survives the winter; engine cutting out/off more frequently this past few weeks, especially worrying during winter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope they will modify the tail lights.

The front lights look luxurious and stylish for such a cheap car. But the rear lights look old-fashioned. Their shape is great but they are plain bulbs.

I hope Toyota will upgrade them as they did on the restyling of the Aygo mk1.

15 hours ago, zuh said:

Hi,

I hope they will modify the tail lights.

The front lights look luxurious and stylish for such a cheap car. But the rear lights look old-fashioned. Their shape is great but they are plain bulbs.

I hope Toyota will upgrade them as they did on the restyling of the Aygo mk1.

hi there!

i do hope for this, as well :'D  the peugeot 108 and citroen c1 versions manage to have more stylised rear light designs with snazzy graphic design effects! 

i reckon the use of a  slightly darker/more smoked red colour will help improve the look too....

can't be long before something announced, surely?!

I agree, 108 and C1 have better rear lights :)

Often, car makers evolve alternating between curvy and angular lines. If we look at the front bumper of the Aygo mk1, for instance. Initially, it was curvy. It got more curvy with a bio design attempt. Eventually, it became sharp-edged:

Problem is that new Aygo is so edgy already, I don't see how they could improve it.

I guess they will do what they did on the Lexus NX facelift: minor changes...

Sans titre-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

There have already been some adjustments to specs this year.

Not sure whether any facelift will drastically alter the styling as this was based around the Japanese Manga cartoon characters, and this successfully differentiates the Aygo from its sister cars, the C1 and 108.

Do you have any links or more info to share? I tried googling it but found nothing at all about the specs of 2018 Aygo....

That was a reply made in 2017 about spec adjustments made in 2017. Haven't mentioned the  2018 model.

• 3 weeks later...

czech publication 'auto-revue' suggesting that my prayer could well be answered shortly, with something for around geneva motorshow, next month :D

link to czech-language news article - i hope such link is acceptable by forum members/rules:   https://www.autorevue.cz/toyota-v-zeneve-ukaze-facelift-ayga-sourozenci-c1-a-108-vsak-podobu-nezmeni 

Notification was received at dealers yesterday of end of production on current models and that a future announcement will be made as to the specifications of a new Model year 2018 soon, I suspect this will coincide with the Geneva motor show on the around the 8th March

• 2 weeks later...

Information already posted on this -

No need to apologise - just keep an eye on what has recently been posted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links