Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why isn't my fuel pumps bare terminals and connections Dangerous ?

scottHelpingDad

hi all, im trying to help my Dad with his 1997 rav4 2.0 petrol , the fuel pump packed up so he removed it and another, the new pump has diff spade connection plug.  the new pump has 2 standard larger width spade connections . none of the connections are insulated and this sit in the top of the fuel tank, how come is hasn't blown up? i understand dc will work in the fuel but surely one spark and its bad news?, if this is ok can i just crimp the new wires together so the new connection meets the old one? many thanks from overly nervous me

Hello and welcome to the club Scott. If I remember there is what as known as a evaporative emission system on your car which feeds any fumes through into a filter and then a valve into the intake of the engine. Have you heard the air rush into the fuel tank when you take off the filler cap for refueling, that is that system working. If you have worries about connection sparking you could maybe use something like semi set auto jointing compound over them

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links