Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo x-shift

Nellie2

Well, folks its just arrived, so only tried it a couple of times, love it!!! Not used it other than auto mode. Been reading the manual, a little confused about needing to gain gears to go up steep hills (thankfully, not too many in Lincolnshire!!) on one page it seems to say that l could just flick the paddle to go into a gear to climb and dont need to flick the gear stick into manual mode???? If that is the case, once l go past, say second gear to climb, will it go right back to auto mode without needing to flick the gear stick into whatever?? Piccy of it will follow soon!! Thanks to you all in advance!

I’m glad you love your new car. When the car is in auto mode you can temporarily change up or down a gear by using the paddle shift. The car will revert to the auto setting after a short time or you can hold the + paddle and the car will go back into auto mode. I sometimes use the paddles to get the car ready for overtaking cyclists but I rarely need to.

Have a little play as the car won’t let you do anything silly. It won’t let you stall or select a gear that would cause the engine to over rev.

• Like 2

Way-Hey, Sandie.....Christmas has come early!:laugh:

I'm so glad that you've finally got your new Aygo and that you love it......Also pleased that you are following the rules that piccies will be following soon! :wink: (We're a bunch of nosey rascals!!)

I'm sorry but I can't help you with anything as I drive Mark 1....Paddle? Have you bought a Canoe?....Flick? Wasn't he in "Allo,Allo"?....As for Speed limiters and touch screens, well all of that sounds a bit too modern for a Luddite like me!!! :bangin: I haven't got past gas lamps and outside toilets!!!

Seriously though, enjoy your new baby, have a load of fun finding out about it and have a very merry Christmas and a happy and joyful new year!

All the best!

• Like 2

Enjoy your Aygo. What I find very useful with mine is that she doesn't need a lot of braking going downhill, I can leave it up to her to gear down sufficiently for it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

I’m glad you love your new car. When the car is in auto mode you can temporarily change up or down a gear by using the paddle shift. The car will revert to the auto setting after a short time or you can hold the + paddle and the car will go back into auto mode. I sometimes use the paddles to get the car ready for overtaking cyclists but I rarely need to.

Have a little play as the car won’t let you do anything silly. It won’t let you stall or select a gear that would cause the engine to over rev.

Thanks or hints and advice re car going back to auto, will have a try after the holidays— roads too hectic at the moment!! Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018 

2 hours ago, Wiz201 said:

Enjoy your Aygo. What I find very useful with mine is that she doesn't need a lot of braking going downhill, I can leave it up to her to gear down sufficiently for it.

Thanks Isobel, sounds like you are more than happy with yours and you have many more hills around you, than we have here!! Have a great holiday and all the best for 2018

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nellie2 said:

Thanks Isobel, sounds like you are more than happy with yours and you have many more hills around you, than we have here!! Have a great holiday and all the best for 2018

West Yorkshire is full of them lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Way-Hey, Sandie.....Christmas has come early!:laugh:

I'm so glad that you've finally got your new Aygo and that you love it......Also pleased that you are following the rules that piccies will be following soon! :wink: (We're a bunch of nosey rascals!!)

I'm sorry but I can't help you with anything as I drive Mark 1....Paddle? Have you bought a Canoe?....Flick? Wasn't he in "Allo,Allo"?....As for Speed limiters and touch screens, well all of that sounds a bit too modern for a Luddite like me!!! :bangin: I haven't got past gas lamps and outside toilets!!!

Seriously though, enjoy your new baby, have a load of fun finding out about it and have a very merry Christmas and a happy and joyful new year!

All the best!

Now what’s gas lamps and outside toilets?? Still just got candles and a hole in the ground. here!! 😅😅

Yes, sure l’m going to enjoy my ittle car, now waiting for the crowds to go back to work or away on hoiday, then l can try all the ‘add on’s’, that are very new to me!!

Have a great holiday and all the best for 2018

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🍾🍾

Here’s the Christmas ‘baby’. 👍🏻👍🏻🤔🤔🎄🤗

DF68FDB0-64F3-44C0-A685-FD5CF7D98748.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow!

Crikey, Sandie...You've only gone and bought a little stunner! :smile:

I really like the "3 tone" effect as the red really sets the car off and makes it look that bit more special.  Have loads of fun with it!

All the best!

P.S. I like the clever use of "Lincoln Green" in your new avatar. :wink:

• Like 1

Lovely colour, mine is a basic red but couldn't afford to mess about with colour combinations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiz201 said:

Lovely colour, mine is a basic red but couldn't afford to mess about with colour combinations.

Oddly enough, just ordered the basic and thats what got delivered!! Wasn't going to moan ha!!😇😇

2 hours ago, Agent Orange said:

Wow!

Crikey, Sandie...You've only gone and bought a little stunner! :smile:

I really like the "3 tone" effect as the red really sets the car off and makes it look that bit more special.  Have loads of fun with it!

All the best!

P.S. I like the clever use of "Lincoln Green" in your new avatar. :wink:

Lincoln Green not done on purpose, keep trying to put my car as piccy, but all that comes up is the green!!! Like your idea that l did it on purpose ha!!!

20 minutes ago, Nellie2 said:

Lincoln Green not done on purpose, keep trying to put my car as piccy, but all that comes up is the green!!! Like your idea that l did it on purpose ha!!!

I am confused as you seem to have a dog as your avatar ... :wacko:

• Haha 1

Mine was sold as a basic x play with just solid red and steel wheels, didn't even go for alloys as they just need more upkeep in winter especially to make sure they don't get ruined by road salt.

5 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

I am confused as you seem to have a dog as your avatar ... :wacko:

Tried three times to put the car up, but got my dog up as a piccy, so will stick to that at the moment!

4 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

Mine was sold as a basic x play with just solid red and steel wheels, didn't even go for alloys as they just need more upkeep in winter especially to make sure they don't get ruined by road salt.

I like the solid red, think it looks ace. Last car was red, so all l asked for was a different colour for a change!! Could of been any colour!! Was a bit risky ha!! Love the doggie, very skilled.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links