Do Not Sell My Personal Information

useless dealership

monkeydave

Three months ago, on this same topic, people suggested you contact Toyota GB as you weren't happy. Did you? If you had, you may have had the issue resolved sooner.

Also bear in mind that Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota, and we don't know whether Toyota even visit ths forums, so saying that you're not going to be considering Toyota when the time comes to replace your current car, isn't going to have any effect.

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Three months ago, on this same topic, people suggested you contact Toyota GB as you weren't happy. Did you? If you had, you may have had the issue resolved sooner.

Also bear in mind that Toyota Owners Club has no association with Toyota, and we don't know whether Toyota even visit ths forums, so saying that you're not going to be considering Toyota when the time comes to replace your current car, isn't going to have any effect.

i will get the job done first and then get write off to toyota gb to let them know the after sales is laughable at this dealer but i want my car back with no oil leaks first

and should i expect a timing chain to be faulty on a new toyota that started the noise at 3000 miles and now at 9500 as that is why i bought a toyota in the first place for reliability

7 minutes ago, monkeydave said:

i will get the job done first and then get write off to toyota gb as the after sales is laughable and you sticking up for toyota as you did in previous posts

No - I'm not sticking up for Toyota.

The simple fact is that if you're unhappy with the service from a dealer, regardless of which marque it is, then you need to progress your issue firstly to the dealer principal of the dealership, and if that doesn't have the desired effect, secondly to the manufacturer. Unless this type of pressure is actioned, you will just continue as you are - dissatisfied with the service.

None of this is rocket science. 

Contacting the manufacturer after the repair has been effected isn't going to do anything to improve the level of service you say you've received.

There is also another solution which is to move to another dealer, I am sure that there will be another not too far away in your part of the world.

sadly within every marque there are above average & sub-standard dealers - you may have a better than average Honda dealer & a not so good Toyota dealer.

Honda dealerships are consistently near the top, after Lexus for customer satisfaction. In my opinion, with Toyota like most other dealerships it's the luck of the draw and where you live.

Toyota don't do too badly as regards dealer service -

Auto Express Driver Power 2017  - dealer service 7th

What Car servicng survey 2017 - 5th

JD Power UK service experience customer satisfaction 2017 -  2nd amongst the volume manufacturers (Mazda 1st).

2 hours ago, estate said:

In my opinion, with Toyota like most other dealerships it's the luck of the draw and where you live.

I have on ly used 3 Toyota dealers (2 owned by 1 group & 1 by another) for service & they have all been good. Certainly better than the many Ford & Vauxhall dealers that I have used.

I suspect that part of it is sheer volume so if you have a particularly busy Toyota (or any other) dealer they may be under more time pressure & hence come across less well.

For servicing and customer friendliness, my local Toyota dealer is great, but at the last service I asked them to check the handbrake adjustment which they didn't do, and then I called them to ask about the TPMS, and they didn't call me back despite leaving messages with them.

At the service I also asked them to clean the aircon as it was smelling, which they DID do, so not sure why the handbrake wasn't looked at.

I answered my own question regarding TPMS - I had swapped the wheels front/rear, and no TPMS fault after doing the pressures and resetting the system, so it seems to be OK.

I don't use my local Toyota dealer after two disappointing test drive experiences in 2006 and 2009. The dealer I used for my last four Toyota purchases is 20 miles away - they also get the servicing. The Hyundai dealer we use for our other car is local - 1.4 miles away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The dealer I used for my last four Toyota purchases is 20 miles away

I suspect I know which dealer that is, I'm sure you have mentioned them in the past.  Have you found them good for both sales and aftersales?

I've become a bit disappointed in the dealer I bought my car and the previous Yaris from and used for it's four services. e.g. skipping listed service items. I planted a couple of "booby traps", for my last service, on items that had been skipped in previous visits. Pleased to say they were carried out. However, at the last service they overfilled the engine oil, wheelnut torques not consistent or correct, tyre pressures all different and incorrect plus others.

Re contacting Toyota GB with a positive outcome and can't fault them. After over a year since the letter about the Takata airbag recall I contacted them directly. About three days later received an e-mail reply that they had contacted my dealer who would then contact me plus the poor availability of parts (only the driver's side affected). A couple of days later dealer phoned and they had, by some miracle, found some parts.:rolleyes::laugh: The fitting of which was arranged for when the car went in for it's service.

Hopefully your problem will be sorted Dave.:smile:

Inchcape Burton is the dealer I use. 

Bought last four Toyotas from there. Had no issues with either sales or servicing of each of the cars. Had a couple of puncture repairs done free of charge there as well.

My local dealer was Toyota World (Synter group), now Vantage.

Back in 2006 booked to test drive both the Corolla and the Verso as we were thinking of changing both cars. They hadn't got the Verso ready, so weren't able to test drtive. We wanted to see the boot space of the Verso and how easy it was to fold the seats forward, but when they tried to open the tailgate of the showroom model, they couldn't due to a flat Battery. So the salesperson folded the middle seat down from the rear passenger door, then knelt on the seat back to reach the rear seat. A very loud crack sounded which silenced the showroom - she had broken the seat back she was kneeling on (she wasn't the lightest of people), and the seat back wouldn't then return to the upright position. They then didn't follow up the test drive of the Corolla for three weeks, by which time we'd ordered from Inchcape and got a better deal.

In 2009, I arranged to test drive the Auris. Again the car wasn't ready when we got there, so they took us out in a customer's new car that was due to be collected the next day. They never followed up the test drive, so again, we ordered from Inchcape.

Don't know whether they are any better now the dealership has been sold to Vantage, but we've had no reason to go back.

5 hours ago, mrpj said:

Hopefully your problem will be sorted Dave.:smile:

well its in for the 26th and 27th this month so i hope so, they said the parts are on order (7 in total) so they must be doing everything including the 3 cogs, chain, 2 guides and the tensioner itself some they said will be two weeks wait so i hope they dont mess it up not having all the parts they need for the dates they wanted me booked in.

i hope they dont have to remove the water pump as well doing this job and if i get it back with no oil leaks on the 27th and it sounds the same as when it is warmed up i will be happy

still something this big on (what was) a new car is dissapointing

cheers

the thing about my car is when i bought it it sounded ok and the noise didnt appear until 2500 to 3000 miles in and now its just under 10,000 so 7000 on a loose chain, but when fully up to temp it sounds perfect

just looked at the parts and the vvt cog is over £300 on its own and doesnt come apart from the cog itself and if, like they say it will be 7 parts that will be getting replaced they must be replacing it with the other items, the cost of parts would be £500+ and labour would be 12 hours at £88 an hour so over £1000 so £1500-£1600 job and they wont get all the labour back so no wonder they kept dismissing it for so long

The cost of the parts for Toyota will be less than the retail price, and Toyota probably have a specific labour rate (non retail) for warranty work.

22 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Inchcape Burton is the dealer I use. 

Thanks, I thought that was who you had previously referred to. I just didn't want to start a this dealer is better than that dealer thing!

They are only about eight miles further than the one I have been using, a nicer and probably quicker journey too rather than negotiating Stoke on Trent.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:34 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

they took us out in a customer's new car that was due to be collected the next day.

What?? I bet they were happy!

11 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

What?? I bet they were happy!

They wouldn't know though. Sounds like somewhere to avoid. Especially with the lady seat wrecker!