Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing horn - access

mpg_junkie

Hi all,

I need to replace the horn on my 2012 mk3 yards d4d. My question is regarding access. I see that there is a part of the upper front grille on the left hand side that is a panel (slightly smaller than a beer mat/coaster) that looks like it could clip off but I have tried to remove it without success. Anyone know how this is removed and if it provides adequate access to swap out the horn? Of not is there an easy way (that doesn't involve removing the front bumper)?

Cheers,

P

Sorry, can't help you, but if you do find easy access I and others here would appreciate knowing so we can replace the feeble thing that's fitted as standard.

46 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

Sorry, can't help you, but if you do find easy access I and others here would appreciate knowing so we can replace the feeble thing that's fitted as standard.

Me too......I've had a couple of determined efforts to find a way into that area behind the bumper to swap the horn but been defeated.

Can I suggest that you leave it where it is, but find the feed-wire and fit a new horn somewhere else and parallel it up?

Don't bother cutting the power to the old horn ........  just leave it as original.  You'd then have a twin horn setup.

Best wishes, Mick.

I considered that, found the feed wire (black) in a bunch on the LH box section under the bonnet. It seemed such small gauge I wouldn't be sure about adding another horn to it because of the current load. The fuse feeding it may not be up to the job as well.

Good point.

If you can find the feed-wire, it may be better to cut it and join a new length to the new horn, but being thin gauge, it could be a problem.  I've not looked at ours but I'm aware that the original horn is rather pitiful and weak.

Mick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links