Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris space saver spare wheel kit

Slasher_uk

After getting a puncture I decided to get the space saver kit, online I have read you should get 4 polystyrene type blocks which I didn’t. Everything fits fine but I am wondering what these blocks are and are they necessary. All parts are genuine Toyota from my local dealer and I had an itemised bill from them and the blocks were not charged.

I bought a spacesaver off eBay.  Like you I didn't get the rubber blocks so just used an old towel to place under the wheel to stop it making any noise. It did come with the securing bolt so I just put a hole in the towel. I certainly don't hear the wheel moving about whilst I'm driving anyway. I have the tourer so keep the jack and wheelbrace under the false floor of the boot (again wrapped in an old towel to stop it rattling)

I got a kit bag for my tools and the black plastic cover as well, without that the wheel doesn’t fit. As I said I got the full fit except the pads and didn’t know what they were for. If it’s to reduce noise well mines fine anyway.

I had problem where the top cover was rattling when hitting a holes or bumps, so i bought some high density foam in hobby shop, cut it into pieces, and glued it in, no problem since then.

What sort of dimensions are the pads and where are they placed.

Thanks.