Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-Sport rear springs

Yarisblob

Hi all, I'm getting desperate now to try and find some new rear spring for my 2002 t-sport.

It failed the MOT because both coils were snapped near the base, so i went to a local motor factors and got replacements, these replacements put the rear of the car about 50mm higher then it should be. I have checked with the motor factors and online and it says they are the correct spring. In fact most websites say the rear springs on the T-sport are the same as all the other models, which they are not, as i have read the T-Sport is 50mm lower all round then a standard Yaris.

So the question is other then the dealers who want owe £100 a spring where can i get aftermarket springs please.?

• 2 weeks later...

Surely ours cannot be the only MK1 T-Sport that has needed new springs?

I guess you could have a look at some lowering springs if you really don't want to go to a dealers? Though I think that a set of lowering springs is about £100 or a bit more. My guess is that because the TSport is such a rare car, nobody's bothered making many factor parts for them. That being said, you would've thought springs are quite a common thing to replace. The other problem with lowering springs is that you might not be looking to have the characteristics from lowering springs and you'd have to fit all four, as opposed to just the rear. My only other idea is to try and contact any breakers of TSports, maybe they have some used ones?

• Like 1

Been having a think about this - have you tried EuroCarParts/GSF Car Parts/CarParts4Less as well?

• Like 1

That's funny in a way; I remember when I was looking for an uprated clutch for my old Mk1 D4D and all I could find were ones for 1.5 T-Sports!! XD

Have you tried sites like demon tweeks and TRD? eBay is also probably a good place to look. Lots of companies sell car mods there!

• Like 1

Ah good one Devon, I forgot about fensport!

On 11/01/2018 at 1:37 PM, MRichards said:

Been having a think about this - have you tried EuroCarParts/GSF Car Parts/CarParts4Less as well?

Yes all the springs have come up as the same length 320-330mm long

On 11/01/2018 at 8:02 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Fensport offer quite a bit specifically for the T-Sport https://www.fensport.co.uk/parts/toyota/yaris/1-5-t-sport-ncp13/chassis-tuning/

Thanks i'll give them a try. I have contacted another company and they guy there was very helpful telling me size of the springs in the box, also saying if i'm buying lowering springs i need to get the front and back to ensure even travel rate which makes sense.

My daughter drives the car to work and is the owner, she doesn't really care about the height, but i really love this car as I've known the car from new and is a brilliant car and i want to make sure it stays on the road. Anyway once this is sorted i need to change the air con condenser as this has a small stone hole, i can't have her bleating about how hot it is when summer hits between June 10th-June15th :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone

• 1 month later...

Yarisblob, did you manage to find rear springs that are right for the car? My T sport passed it's MOT recently but I got an advisory on my rear springs being badly corroded so will need to replace them before the next MOT. I use mine as a daily driver so want it to sit right in terms of height.

On 15/03/2018 at 9:36 PM, Silver Yaris said:

Yarisblob, did you manage to find rear springs that are right for the car? My T sport passed it's MOT recently but I got an advisory on my rear springs being badly corroded so will need to replace them before the next MOT. I use mine as a daily driver so want it to sit right in terms of height.

No not yet, I have messaged a lower spring company who gave some dimensions etc, but of course it is impossible to guess how the car is going to sit, so it might have to be both front and back requiring change. Of course i can wait until i hit the lottery and buy OEM

• 5 months later...

I've managed to find a place that can supply genuine rear springs direct from Japan for £69.99 each which seems like a bargain when Toyota want £149.99 each! 

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had the same issue on my 2003 T Sport. Replaced one that broke with dealer supplied (£130) after having no luck getting anything close to the right length from aftermarket. That took all of 15 mins to swap out, in the run up to MOT. Then it failed on the other one! Local indi put on a Kilen heavy duty spring (for Yaris Verso maybe?) which got it through, but it's not right. Very crashy in that one rear corner and does sit higher than the new OEM side. Would love to find a cheap supplier for OEM. £69.99 would make me really happy! Where did you find them for that price?

12 hours ago, GrantB said:

I've just had the same issue on my 2003 T Sport. Replaced one that broke with dealer supplied (£130) after having no luck getting anything close to the right length from aftermarket. That took all of 15 mins to swap out, in the run up to MOT. Then it failed on the other one! Local indi put on a Kilen heavy duty spring (for Yaris Verso maybe?) which got it through, but it's not right. Very crashy in that one rear corner and does sit higher than the new OEM side. Would love to find a cheap supplier for OEM. £69.99 would make me really happy! Where did you find them for that price?

I got mine & various other parts from a place called yam6carparts.co.uk  I won't put a link in here in case they are not allowed but they supply genuine Toyota parts at around half the price of Toyota UK.