Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to Celicas

thom_jones

Hi all, I currently have an avensis and a insignia(yeah I know...) which is about to get sold...I’m looking at this celica...anything I should be looking for when viewing/test driving it? Thoughts on it as a whole?

https://www.burnbridgemotorcompany.co.uk/car-1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the very best sports cars you can still buy for reasonable money...I had mine for 2 years and loved it. (but the 140 model)

It looks very nice indeed and as you are paying a "full" price it ought to be every bit as good as the advert/pics suggest.

I'd want the Reg no. though, so I could do the on-line MOT check.

Check as you would for any car...and once warmed up make sure the "lift" works as it should (kicking in at just over 6000 rpm.)

It should have a good history of frequent oil changes too...preferably every 6/7k miles.

I'm sure that Kev (aka Scarlett Arrow..the Celica Meister) will be along to give you any more specific info.

If you buy it...enjoy it...they are very rewarding to drive.

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind words, Neil..and Happy New Year to you and Jackie :smile:

I agree with everything Neil has said, Thom, it does indeed look to be one of the best. My car is Chilli Red too.

There's a huge list of things to check over when viewing/driving on celica-club.co.uk, info you'll find invaluable.

£3.5k is still a high price for a car that's nearly 14 years old, even with the £500 off, and if you need some "ammo" for negotiating the price down, here's a link to WiseBuyers (the figures are a little harsh though)..

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.jsp?guide=prices&page=used_cars&no=3&make=Toyota&model=Celica+(1999-06)&vip=13394&yearplate=2004%2F04&mileage=79&x=28&y=4

• Like 1

Cheers, Kev...and the very same to you and Lyn.

Thom's potential Celica does look really good...and could be a really good buy.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I agree it’s priced a little hot and I will be looking for some money off but the guy does claim it is pretty much show standard...I’ll have to see when I get down to see it in the flesh! Excited to get it now!

Hope it's all you want it to be, Thom...let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Me too; it’ll be my daily driver so will be doing my 140 mile a day commute plus shooting around the countryside seeing farmers so should be a blast! What’s the fuel economy like on a motorway run? Sorry for all the questions!

You won't worry about the mpg...you'll be too busy enjoying driving it.!:wink:...but they are pretty good anyway.

The 190 model with lift doesn't cruise as well as the 140 due to the different gearing...you'll be pulling more rpm in 6th than I did in my 140....and I got really good mpg out of that on a good run...ie 40+

But you have "lift" to play with (aka the hooligan factor.:laugh:) and that will use up more fuel when you do.

What you will get is plenty of spg...smiles per gallon.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Motorway runs are the T Sports "Achilles Heel", but you should still see 30+.

If you have time maybe you should try out a 140, that's the model nine out of ten new buyers chose, including me :smile:

Right guys looks like I’ll be getting the motor...what do you reckon I should be offering based on what you’ve seen?

Depends how much you want it..!!..personally I'd want another £500 off....ie £3k tops....but then I'm not thinking of buying it..!:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Update! I’ve bought it, should have her next week [emoji16]

63ed24c8e706c86d93dad46ba41e96f9.jpeg
8256688ac90536971105fc75cb032425.jpeg5fb0dfccae6ab484c09aa681e446e225.jpegb52149bc871630e88bcbab312b4ee610.jpeg

• Like 1

Very nice, Thom...you'll enjoy it I'm sure....they are a great car.:smile:

• Like 1

Right two days in...love it! It’s nuts! Pretty good on fuel when I’m behaving, paint needs a little tlc so ordered a mop and a set of paint treatments which I’ll be doing asap

• Like 1

Those are some of the cleanest seats I've seen, must have been well taken care of!

Mikeyp @ TMS Motorsport
Email us : sales@tmsmotorsport.co.uk

whatsapp-25px.png
WhatsApp us for fast response : +447979127236
TMS Motorsport – AP Racing – BUY ONLINE

-   We ship worldwide to your door  -

-  Currently Breaking for parts – Hawkeye Subaru Impreza  - Honda S2000 -

• Like 1

Those are some of the cleanest seats I've seen, must have been well taken care of!
Mikeyp @ TMS Motorsport
whatsapp-25px.png&key=cbba55bc6358831884f4bc4458573e72840786e7cd68c2541f6cd4a159f2f500
 -  Currently Breaking for parts – Hawkeye Subaru Impreza  - Honda S2000 -

Cheers Moff, bloke who had it before was seriously anal about the car...4 oil & filter changes a year every year! The amount of history the car comes with is insane! He even sent oil and waxoil!
21fe8409e806987e2490b9b5ca8b43ed.jpg

I'd be too scared taking on a car that's been treated that well! Good luck with the detailing and get some pics up after 

Mikeyp @ TMS Motorsport

whatsapp-25px.png

• Like 1

Here’s some pictures of my 5 hours of paint work yesterday!
23e3605c5758432172a9a7d4b54cf537.jpg
a44799c7a3db999e2f0e940050992666.jpg
d01d34e44cc31cf8496a138b97605186.jpg
5faae7637737a782a7adec868ce69b9b.jpg
45d05987c7ea3f7910a14fa83ee9b88f.jpg
c7fad6791a895a8e1ea47e17e3024e40.jpg

• Like 2