Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st gen, does anyone know what this is?

furtula

It was in the car when i got it, i would say maybe a hands-free mic, but there's nothing else in the car that would suggest so, or no holes, or similar let's say, foreign thing.

Did not pick up any bluetooth devices when the car was running.

kkkk.jpg

Looks like a mount for something that's no longer there - a hands-free mic, as you suggest, or a cab driver's radio perhaps? Or maybe a speed cam detector? Do those two rectangular holes look like they do anything? (I'm assuming they're not USB ports, or you'd have mentioned it.)

Your mirror looks a bit special too. Why the two bars coming down to it? Or is one of them a Dashcam? (And if so, where can I get one that's as tidy as that?)

Actually that small thing is not firmly mounted, it has hook fasteners so you kinda push it into the headliner and it sticks there.  The tiny holes, one directed left, one right, makes me think it's handsfree mic, but nothing else in the car that would point to so.

Mirror is factory, the other bar goes beside the mirror, and should be the sensor for the wipers.

58 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

That would explain the weird voice i heard when i was holding the MODE button for too long,  but due to being on the highway, and volume of the voice being too low, i had no idea what it was. 

Thank you kindly for the manual, i'll try it out soon.

• 1 year later...
On 12/29/2017 at 7:17 PM, Devon Aygo said:

I wanted to add a a bluetooth for music/usb/aux option to the car, but from what i saw, most of them use CD changer port, but this port is occupied by the Toyota bluetooth kit. Now, i could not find anything on the bluetooth kit, apart from the manual itself, and when i checked it from the inside, it showed it's a Motorola model, but it was tucked away, i could not get more info.

Do you know if it's possible to use Y splitter cable for the cd changer port to add another device, will it work with the bluetooth kit installed?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links