Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigarette lighter fuse?

harveyC

Hi,

Can any one help me to locate the cigarette lighter fuse in my Toyota Auris 2009.

It stopped working, so I checked the voltage going to it and that was 0v.

I take it from that that the fuse is blown but I have no idea where the fuse is for this!

Thanks in advance

Should be a fuse box right under the passenger side of the dashboard - need to remove a cover and then the fuse box lid. Think the cigarette lighter/power socket fuse should be no. 8 (15 ampere).

Thanks for that. I had a look where you said but all I can see there is a board with wires going into it etc. but no fuses?

If any one could help me further with this, id be very grateful! Thanks

It should say where it is in your owners manual; It will have an entry for the external fusebox under the bonnet, and the internal one, which seems to be under the passenger side of the dash of most newer Toyotas.

In my Mk2 Yaris, the board with wires is behind the passenger glovebox - The Fusebox is directly underneath this, but can only be accessed if I lie upside down in the passenger footwell to get at it! It's just a little rectangular cover, and when I remove it it has fuse diagrams on it to match up with the multicoloured fuses.

Good to hear! And thanks for posting back with news of your success! :)